Blue Knights 2015

Interesting to imitate the voices with the instrumentation, but also I play the tuba...so that's why I really want the low end in there.

Lots was a bad word to use about the narration. If there is any narration, it needs to be minimal and necessary to further the show.

I really liked them last year, so I hope they don't go too crazy this year.

• Like 1

I wonder if they're approaching it by way of Peter Gabriel's cover of it? I would definitely be all about that.

I'd be more interested to hear the Peter Gabriel version of it. I love the original, but the Scratch My Back edition is much more densely scored, and includes some great original parts. Bluecoats also used his version of "Flume" a couple of years ago. Now if I could only convince someone to use his cover of "Mirrorball," "My Body is a Cage," or "Heroes," I'd be set.

• Like 1

I'd be more interested to hear the Peter Gabriel version of it. I love the original, but the Scratch My Back edition is much more densely scored, and includes some great original parts. Bluecoats also used his version of "Flume" a couple of years ago. Now if I could only convince someone to use his cover of "Mirrorball," "My Body is a Cage," or "Heroes," I'd be set.

Yes, yes, and yes. We are definitely of one mind there. Those covers are just incredible.

• Like 1

Of course, whether some narration is lots of narration is subject to personal opinion. BK had some narration last season, but I, personally, don't think it was lots of narration.

I was bothered less by the content and quantity of BK's 2014 narration than by the fact that it was prerecorded rather than being performed live.

I was bothered less by the content and quantity of BK's 2014 narration than by the fact that it was prerecorded rather than being performed live.

You were bothered they decided to use a professional voice instead of an amateur one that would sound bad?

Last time I checked, everyone loved the voice of the Cadet's narrator ..

Except, that's his job. He is literally a professional in voice acting and speaking but he is young enough to march. It's not easy to find someone with that skillset who is BOTH the proper age to march DCI AND willing to march DCI.

Just like the Cadets' narration, BK's narration was largely serious and would've sounded awful if narration was done like Crown 2013 or Cadets 2007

You were bothered they decided to use a professional voice instead of an amateur one that would sound bad?

Wouldn't you be bothered if they recorded, say, Al Chez, to provide a trumpet solo instead of having a member play it?

• Like 1

Wouldn't you be bothered if they recorded, say, Al Chez, to provide a trumpet solo instead of having a member play it?

That's completely different? That would sound awful anyways over speakers so not sure why a corps would ever choose to do that.