The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Don't know if this has already been suggested, but Enescu's Romanian Rhapsody #1 would hardly have to be altered.

• Like 1

Somebody needs to play this, immediately. And yes, I'm completely serious:

Whoa!!! You're absolutely right! Not a big fan of Ms. Knowles, but this track would work for drum corps quite well!

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody needs to play this, immediately. And yes, I'm completely serious:

Sounds like somebody used some VDL sound samples.

Something I have always wanted to hear on the field in music from NFL Films. There is a great album called Autumn Thunder that has a lot of great stuff in it. Here is an example:

I don't care who, but someone needs to play some music by Two Steps From Hell. Pick just about any song and you have a kick-### piece of music. Some of my favorites are Norwegian Pirate, Archangel, Armada, Hypnotica (<-- probably would work the best), and SkyWorld. Look any of them up on youtube and you'll know what I mean.

Edited by Stradivarius

HOW about "Expressions" by helen jane long

heres a link to an arrangement: http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/426f65b13e81dc99d114cb6c3aa8c257e22450ea

Or

A ton of corps have done west side story, but somehow have managed not to play "make our garden grow"

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ee3a627421fd8a9673fd33e822191ccc952e0c2c

1985 Cadets

Cadets won with that music, too.

...also

2002 Seattle Cascades ( who made finals with it.)

...also

1999 Mandarins who likely won Div II with it as well...

I think the other poster must have meant last year no one played it or something... It's been played in finals a couple of times...

• 1 month later...

Akira Ifukube - If you grew up in the 70's you will recognize his music.

Growing up across from Detroit gave us access to quite a bit of television. Including the "4:00 Movie" shown during the afternoon on school days. They would show marathons of Japanese Monster Movies.

Some of his music is quite dark. I just didn't realize how much music he wrote (he was the composer for a number of Toho films).

Akira Ifukube

Edited by LincolnV