The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Bluecoats:

"Cirque du Soleil"

The music of Bene Jutoit (mangling the spelling here I think... Forgive)

If you're looking for a show with Benoit Jutras' music, Madison did an entire show of his Cirque du Soliel music in 2003. It's a pretty good show that rocketed them back into Finals.

Edited by fsubone

Check out Peter Gabriel's New Blood album. Some great source material there.

True story. Same with the Scratch My Back album. I know it's covers, but the orchestrations are amazing. Wouldn't seeing a lot more of Peter Gabriel's music hitting the field.

I randomly found The Garden of Cosmic Speculation while listening to Pandora. I think it would be interesting to see something like this on a field despite it being an esoteric piece of contemporary classical music. I found a Youtube video of one of the movements: The Willow Twist.

Apparently Michael Gandolfi, the composer also arranged The Willow Twist for band as part of his Cosmic Garden Diptich.

How about this piece (major goosebumps):

This would be perfect for Carolina Crown for 2013 since their music consists of The Dark Side of the Moon and Also Sprach

The title to the Rescuers Down Under. It's only a minute and a half long, and I don' t know who would play it. It has some killer percussion at the beginning and about half way through it has some awesome brass parts, specifically the mello parts.

Main theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om1bNZnh6nM