Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

Except it called INK and it's about a book and the world of the show shows the characters coming out of the books. It just didn't make sense to me. You could had the fabric from the Mad Hatter's table pulled off to reveal the girl reading the stories in her room the whole time.

As their coming out of the books is all happening in her imagination, maybe in her imagination she writes herself into a book as a character so she too can come out of the book and join them.

• Like 1

As their coming out of the books is all happening in her imagination, maybe in her imagination she writes herself into a book as a character so she too can come out of the book and join them.

Mind blown. Reminds me of Inception lol

• Like 1

Perhaps, but I'm not looking forward to their new mix of "Children Will Listen When a Man Loves a Woman."

:spitting:

my poor keyboard...couldn't hold that one back.

• Like 1

I viewed it more as the entire field being the inside of the bookS. The written stories are elevated and tilted above the field revealing each story below....... the hole in the book was the passage to the outside world, and the little girl, who passes into the stories through her imagination (the opening in the page.) That's easy to believe as we've all had a book that drew us into the story. On Saturday night, I was FULLY drawn in, too !!!

(Edited for spelling error)

Edited by JoeDz

Despite her age, she clearly recognizes the opportunity she is enjoying. She fit right into the show like a character in the stories..... so articulate and smart....... I wish her a long and happy career....... wonder where she will be next year .... BD, BDB, BDC ??? (I'm guessing BDB)

I think her mother might want her to put a couple more years on before letting her go on a national tour -- unless she can chaperone.

Got back today, what an incredible show to see live! There were very few duds that I saw, even in quarters.

BD, you had your best show of the year (That I saw live/on vids) on Saturday night. A come-from-behind win for the Blue Crew was something different than the MO for the last decade and a half.

A well deserved championship, and I would've been happy if Crown had won as well... or even the Bluecoats, who almost caught Crown at the end.

Congrats on #17 guys and gals.

• Like 1

The Power of 10 (year olds)

I saw that comment on the live stream and it made me chuckle. I share it here because it was a funny play on words, not a veiled joke/attack on the show or anything. BD certainly have set the standard of excellence for DCI.

I viewed it more as the entire field being the inside of the bookS. The written stories are elevated and tilted above the field revealing each story below....... the hole in the book was the passage to the outside world, and the little girl, who passes into the stories through her imagination (the opening in the page.) That's easy to believe as we've all had a book that drew us into the story. On Saturday night, I was FULLY drawn in, too !!!

I have to add: FULLY drawn in through the opening in my computer screen !!!!

(Edited for spelling error)

I'm glad that people are discussing this (what else are we going to discuss now that the offseason is officially here? :) I first asked this question at the start of the weekend, and it took a little while to catch on here.

Again, legitimate follow up to a legitimate design question. If Clara is entering the story from the outside world through the opening in the book, then that would mean the characters in the story also went from the outside world into the story through the opening in the book. Not sure if Snow White, Cinderella, the Pied Piper, etc, went from the outside world into the story, and I don't think that's what the design intended. I think the characters were jumping off of the pages into the story on the field, not entering from the outside world through the opening in the book.

If the characters are jumping off the pages into the story, then Clara was doing the same, which doesn't make sense (IMHO).

Like I mentioned originally in this thread, in ABSOLUTELY NO way am I criticizing a 10-year old who was completely adorable, and played her part in the show incredibly well. I'm just trying to understand the design choice to have her enter the story the same way as the other characters - doesn't seem to fit in an otherwise pretty flawlessly-designed show. Perhaps the staff should have had Clara enter the story in some other way.

I'm glad that people are discussing this (what else are we going to discuss now that the offseason is officially here? :) I first asked this question at the start of the weekend, and it took a little while to catch on here.

Again, legitimate follow up to a legitimate design question. If Clara is entering the story from the outside world through the opening in the book, then that would mean the characters in the story also went from the outside world into the story through the opening in the book. Not sure if Snow White, Cinderella, the Pied Piper, etc, went from the outside world into the story, and I don't think that's what the design intended. I think the characters were jumping off of the pages into the story on the field, not entering from the outside world through the opening in the book.

If the characters are jumping off the pages into the story, then Clara was doing the same, which doesn't make sense (IMHO).

Like I mentioned originally in this thread, in ABSOLUTELY NO way am I criticizing a 10-year old who was completely adorable, and played her part in the show incredibly well. I'm just trying to understand the design choice to have her enter the story the same way as the other characters - doesn't seem to fit in an otherwise pretty flawlessly-designed show. Perhaps the staff should have had Clara enter the story in some other way.

Part of creatively writing a good story is drawing the reader into it. Witness all sorts of fandoms...Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. Look at how packed ComicCon is every year....hell, read a comics discussion board about changes in beloved characters.

You care about the story, you get pulled in....like Clara did. She left our world and entered theirs...the book was her "looking glass."

We were just the observers.

Either that, or I revert to a prior assertion than Clara is really Deadpool and let it go at that!