Fan Network 2015

Here's what I find weird. When I looked at the DCI Live! FAQ before the season started, it stated there would be NO APD's throughout the summer. That is a huge disappointment for me as I love those APDs. However, the Fan Network still says they will be available from this summer. And I quote:

Also, Audio Performance Downloads (APDs) will still be available throughout the summer through the Fan Network Store.

Here's what I find weird. When I looked at the DCI Live! FAQ before the season started, it stated there would be NO APD's throughout the summer. That is a huge disappointment for me as I love those APDs. However, the Fan Network still says they will be available from this summer. And I quote:

Many parts of the Fan Network site haven't been updated yet

Wow, now the physical media (DVD's, Blu-rays) are not for sale on DCI's website either, only CD's. This is a mess...

Another person mentioned APD's from the summer - I noticed the APD notice on Fan Network too about them being available throughout the summer. 2015 is even listed as an option when you go to the digital downloads, but no shows yet. I sent an email to them to ask if there would actually be any APD's. I'll let everyone know if I receive a response.

I really hope this is all resolved soon, and we aren't spending the Winter with NO video options...

This is a matter of DCI being WAY BEHIND the eight ball on updating VERY IMPORTANT information for their FANS. I think one poster said they were even announcing fan network information at a live show...Whoever heads up this initiative should be ashamed of the poor job they have done...

They should be ashamed in general for the past 3 or 4 years IMHO.

And, with no DVR nor paid downloads available through DCI they are actually sending folks to the "bootlegs" on the web...

Edited by ashevillemurphy

And, with no DVR nor paid downloads available through DCI they are actually sending folks to the "bootlegs" on the web...

I thought last year's edition of fan network was great. It's just this year that has really plummeted in quality of offerings.

I disagree on the first part - FN was a great value for the last couple of seasons.

But the second part is very true. This year, everyone is finding ways to get the videos they want on youtube, periscope, facebook or whatever. It's more random, but the content is definitely out there. Even if DCI restores the lost features next season, how many people will go back?

• Like 1

I disagree on the first part - FN was a great value for the last couple of seasons.

But the second part is very true. This year, everyone is finding ways to get the videos they want on youtube, periscope, facebook or whatever. It's more random, but the content is definitely out there. Even if DCI restores the lost features next season, how many people will go back?

I agree with your disagreement!

Fan Network over the past number of years has been a bargain. My membership always included the Blu-Ray and tons of shows over the years, and VOD and Live. Now, even a DCI rep would have to agree that we simply don't get as much value anymore. This is the first year in a long time that I have not purchased the membership.

I will. Assuming they do restore everything. Nothing beats professional quality high cam and multi cam video.

• Like 1