Fan Network 2015

I will. Assuming they do restore everything. Nothing beats professional quality high cam and multi cam video.

I found the FN quality pretty variable. Championships and the regionals with multi-cam were quite high quality. But a lot of the other shows were just a single camera in the box, not so different in quality from the phone videos you'll find on youtube this year.

Still, if they had DVR, I'd probably pay. There's just no point in subscribing when I can't be around to watch the shows.

Crap! Looks like Ipad/AppleTV users are out of luck again for tonight's show. Man this sucks.

Well, tonight at Foxboro was one of the most un-enjoyable evenings of broadcast drum corps I can remember. Choppy video, audio mics places directly in front of the speakers on the 35's blasting the pic over everything else. Equivalent of 240p video. Really, really, REALLY bad!

Can't possibly get a good read from this mess, and it was as far from entertaining as anything I've seen DCI put out to the public.

I haven't been as disappointed in the live feed in years.

I'll give it one more chance and, if it doesn't improve, I'll not waste any more time with it.

Not hardly "Major League" in my view. More like Little League, and barely worth the time to sit and watch.

What a pity.

• Like 1

Well, tonight at Foxboro was one of the most un-enjoyable evenings of broadcast drum corps I can remember. Choppy video, audio mics places directly in front of the speakers on the 35's blasting the pic over everything else. Equivalent of 240p video. Really, really, REALLY bad!

Can't possibly get a good read from this mess, and it was as far from entertaining as anything I've seen DCI put out to the public.

I haven't been as disappointed in the live feed in years.

I'll give it one more chance and, if it doesn't improve, I'll not waste any more time with it.

Not hardly "Major League" in my view. More like Little League, and barely worth the time to sit and watch.

What a pity.

I've been in 720p all night with a three second buffer during the troopers... Audio not as nice as the last one but so far, this year's broadcasts are better than previous years quality wise.

Well, it was assumed that as long as you stayed logged into the Live Stream, you could go back and watch. Not so the case. Watching the Eastern Classic. I was about an hour behind, cause I had to pause the show for an hour while folks came and toured the house sis is selling. I was halfway into BD, had to pause again for a phoen call, and everything went black. Clicked "play" and got the beginning screen of "National Anthem at 6:30" but no way to get back to where I was. FF wouldn't work, trying to move the marker forward didn't work. So, I guess that means it stays available for about an hour after, then they pull the plug.

Edited by Marianne

Well, it was assumed that as long as you stayed logged into the Live Stream, you could go back and watch. Not so the case. Watching the Eastern Classic. I was about an hour behind, cause I had to pause the show for an hour while folks came and toured the house sis is selling. I was halfway into BD, had to pause again for a phoen call, and everything went black. Clicked "play" and got the beginning screen of "National Anthem at 6:30" but no way to get back to where I was. FF wouldn't work, trying to move the marker forward didn't work. So, I guess that means it stays available for about an hour after, then they pull the plug.

Don't count on that hour. It's literally up to them when they pull the plug. If you aren't caught up by the time scores are finished being announced and the show is over, you're watching at your own risk lol

During the Muncie June 26 stream, I also was late viewing (worked late), paused for a bit and they pulled the plug. I watched all of Boston's 75th celebration July 2 (left work early). The sound was sparse, the video was choppy. I tried a few adjustments and decided to watch stuttering video over low volume sound. At one point, a Crossmen guard tossed a rifle and the rifle never came down LOL Another guard member leapt up and never landed LOL At least I noticed BD's drill has lots of letters. Silly video thingy. I will be online watching July 5. Get the stream fixed please. I'm running out of patience. Thank you.

Thank goodness for Periscope this season. Got to watch all the corps without any sort of freezes. Not the best video or audio, but better than nothing.