2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

I LOVED the traditional BD uniforms of that era.

• Like 1

I LOVED the traditional BD uniforms of that era.

As did I, cf144...obviously. :colgate: I (one man's opinion) thought it conveyed far more "class" than "costume." But then again...I'm an old fart.

Edited by HornTeacher

Too lazy to look it up...but didn't BD keep their more "traditional" look up through (at least) 1990...the "Tommy" show?

The US Marine Mess Dress uni was 1976 through 1993. The only major variences were the black/grey in 88, all black in 89, and various smaller changes to the trim features. The also dumped the drop sash in 84 (dang it...I was looking forward to wearing it that year), although it came back later.

The US Marine Mess Dress uni was 1976 through 1993. The only major variences were the black/grey in 88, all black in 89, and various smaller changes to the trim features. The also dumped the drop sash in 84 (dang it...I was looking forward to wearing it that year), although it came back later.

The sash...the sash...I always forgot the sash....sorry, 84BD. Especially to you, a former member. No disrespect intended.

Who did these unis and silks, Cesario, Chandler, or Stan Berry?

Just in time for WGI's too.

I would imagine every one of those flags has a long historical representation of a person, location, or organization.

Look again Ghost.

I know what you are saying. But there are only two flags with multiples of each one.

It is the crests on the various overlays which change. I agree they probably have more historicity than merely nice color combos, unusual though they be.

. I know what you are saying. But there are only two flags with multiples of each one.

I noticed the duplicate prints also, but if all the flags were shown, the male and female holders of similar flags would probably be wearing similar uniforms. I'm still guessing they have meaning, but a short search has provided no answers for me.