2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

I'm guessing both Phantom and BD will have new jackets. They've cut so many pieces off of the 2013 versions in the last few years that there's not a lot left to work with.

Mike

I thought last year's uniforms for both corps were brand new?

I thought last year's uniforms for both corps were brand new?

No...dunno about Regiment, but BD's been making alterations to their uniforms from year to year for a while now. I agree that they';; proably get new jackets (and eagles for the shakos) for this year, but the last few years have been a series of alterations.

No...dunno about Regiment, but BD's been making alterations to their uniforms from year to year for a while now. I agree that they';; proably get new jackets (and eagles for the shakos) for this year, but the last few years have been a series of alterations.

I do miss the Eagles.

I may be one of the only ones, but I remember adoring the BD uniforms in 04 and 05. I remember being on here around that time and those jackets were getting some serious heat. In hindsight, it's probably because they replaced the iconic jackets that BD had been wearing for ages, but still. I thought those 04/05 unis were pretty sweet.

32144374_251048d680_b.jpg

And then 06 happened... =(

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte
  • Like 2

I may be one of the only ones, but I remember adoring the BD uniforms in 04 and 05. I remember being on here around that time and those jackets were getting some serious heat. In hindsight, it's probably because they replaced the iconic jackets that BD had been wearing for ages, but still. I thought those 04/05 unis were pretty sweet.

My issue with them wasn't the off-center lapel -- which I thought was cool -- it was the fit on the lower half, under the bottom edge of the lapel...mever really looked right.

You can't see the very thin pinstripes on the pants in this pic, but when you see them livem they worked.

I was there when they were unveiled at Jerry Seawright's memorial in Concord....

I kind of dug those BD jackets, but with the point of the fold being over so far (and then the sequins under the arm), it made the members look *really* wide. I think Crossmen have a similar issue with the overlays they used last year.

Bt1SwSeCUAIZQk9.jpg

(pic via IndianaMarching)

People expect a vertical line to be centered, so when it's not your eye centers it, making the player look about 1/2 again as wide as they should. I would have had it curve back to the edge a bit, or even in a maltese cross cutout.

Mike (armchair fashionista)

I think Phantom did the same thing - took the Turandot jackets and lopped an arm off.

Mike

I think Phantom did the same thing - took the Turandot jackets and lopped an arm off.

Mike

I think you are correct. I sat next to a PR booster in Indy in 2013 and I'm 99% sure she said that is exactly what they did in part because they were planning to replace them entirely in 2014.

And then 06 happened... =(

Too lazy to look it up...but didn't BD keep their more "traditional" look up through (at least) 1990...the "Tommy" show? I loved that look...and even copied it (in different colors, mind you) when my own group embarked upon a new uniform drive in '95 (open Maroon jacket, ruffled blouse, silver c-bund, black pants and black shakos). I know that my district and residents were at first highly skeptical...some almost to the point of hostility...but when the kids came out for the first time...well....you should have seen the jaws drop. I just walked down the street, whistling innocently to myself...and with an admittedly smug smile on my face.