2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

They're in the wrong activity then. If you're going to march drum corps, you're probably going to need thicker skin than that. I can't say from my personal experience, but from what I've gathered, a season of DCI is very taxing and demanding. If you can't handle wearing an outfit for a show that lasts 15 minutes every couple nights, I really don't think that person is in the right activity. ESPECIALLY if they're in the color guard, in which peculiar outfits are the norm.

True BUT in addition to that , forget color guard. Go to your HS football player and ask them if they want to wear some shiny corps uniform with feathers on their head with draped fabric sashes some with tassels . Doesn't sound so masculine now does it..lol

Just as an example, I'd be curious to know whether Oregon's retention rate was the same following the season they wore this outfit. Maybe it was - maybe it even improved, I don't know. BUt it's information I'd be curious about.

If I had to guess, the number of those who departed would be very small as to be negligible. Very similar to members leaving because they didn't like the show they were given to perform that year. Or if they didn't like a certain staff member or caption head they had to work with every day. And certainly (again, my reasonably educated guess) it would be a far less number than those who decided to leave so they can go and march in their "dream" world class corps.

As for those uniforms themselves, while not my particular favorite from them, I would imagine they were extremely comfortable to perform in, and perhaps that was one of the main reasons they were selected -- to actually benefit the performer in a more practical way. And to be honest, if I didn't know what they looked like up close, I would probably think they were just ordinary more traditionally made drum corps uniforms from up in the stands. They certainly mimic the same kind of look of a short cut jacket and sash, black pants/shoes, and shako.

Of the past few years, The Academy has best uniform

I remember when I had my first beer. :ninja:

True BUT in addition to that , forget color guard. Go to your HS football player and ask them if they want to wear some shiny corps uniform with feathers on their head with draped fabric sashes some with tassels . Doesn't sound so masculine now does it..lol

Sounds like you have some sort of masculinity complex... Since when does anyone expect a drum corps uniform to be masculine?

I mean, have you seen a football uniform? They're not unfamiliar with spandex.

I can only speak for myself, but i was a 3 year varsity starter in football at a national powerhouse high school here in SoCal. I wouldn't have had any issues with the uniform our band wore. Heck i also ran track and the shorts that i wore was extremely tight lol. But no issues with the band uniform here.

• Like 1