2016 Prediction Thread

That show was honestly quite a monster visually. Tempos were insane in some areas, drill was crazy hard, and the music required an intensity throughout that I don't think any corps that year required. I'm still very happy they took it on, it fit the corps really well.

In a different sort of way, AF reminded me of the tough 2001 show the mm were given after the great results of 2000. Too hard for them to get it clean in time. Then, 02 was handled better with another 5th place with PR.

Still I'm glad they did that show. For all its performance flaws, I think it will be long remembered. Sometimes it's better to try and fail.

They certainly didn't fail to make a political statement with that show!

I predict lots of judge confusion among the judging ranks this season. They will be overwhelmed with things before them to compare, contrast, evaluate, then assign build up points among the competitors before them as is the judges calling. Lots of volatility in scores and placements from nite to nite will be the norm , not the exception this season, imo. So please go easy with this year's judges everybody. They will have a particularly more difficult task this season, I believe. Some of it might be attributed to the change in policy on the published recaps, but others of it could be as a result of things moving so swiftly in the activity now. Fasten your seatbelts. Its going to be quite the year, I predict.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

So I have a spreadsheet that I update predictions in as I see shows progress throughout spring training. Don't share it because it's constantly changing. After seeing a TON of stuff this week, from The Academy's incredibly exciting and fun blast of a show, to Carolina Crown's rendition of El Tango de Roxanne, to Crossmen's show which has me absolutely speechless at what I just watched, I have updated my prediction and am ready to share it:

13458641_1070438166336563_81314299933273

I give up. I surrender, seriously. I am seeing show after show that has me perplexed, excited, and already eating out of my hands. There are already moments I can tell are going to be seared into my brain come August. Crowns opening hit of Medea, Academy's fantastic Corpse Bride opening, Blue Stars FANTASTIC front ensemble writing, Crossmens HUGE ballad climax, Boston Crusaders goose bump inducing closer, Cadets HAUNTING ballad, and list the list is only going to grow and get bigger.

So here it goes.

I predict.......we are in for one absolute HELLUVA season folks, I am absolutely beaming with excitement right now. I'm not putting a fake mask of positivism on for everyone like I do sometimes, I'm not trying to be overly positive right now, I genuinely feel way more excited than I have ever following drum corps. And I have yet to see anything from Bluecoats, Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Knights, Madison Scouts, The Cavaliers, Troopers, Colts, Oregon Crusaders, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades, or Pioneer, and pretty much nothing of Open Class which I loved last year. And then you throw in a hugely growing open class filled with so much entertainment, corps like Louisiana Stars coming to Indy for the first time? Scores aside, I think is going to be one for the ages.

Night, can't wait to see what this season has in store.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 8

So I have a spreadsheet that I update predictions in as I see shows progress throughout spring training. Don't share it because it's constantly changing. After seeing a TON of stuff this week, from The Academy's incredibly exciting and fun blast of a show, to Carolina Crown's rendition of El Tango de Roxanne, to Crossmen's show which has me absolutely speechless at what I just watched, I have updated my prediction and am ready to share it:

13458641_1070438166336563_81314299933273

I give up. I surrender, seriously. I am seeing show after show that has me perplexed, excited, and already eating out of my hands. There are already moments I can tell are going to be seared into my brain come August. Crowns opening hit of Medea, Academy's fantastic Corpse Bride opening, Blue Stars FANTASTIC front ensemble writing, Crossmens HUGE ballad climax, Boston Crusaders goose bump inducing closer, Cadets HAUNTING ballad, and list the list is only going to grow and get bigger.

So here it goes.

I predict.......we are in for one absolute HELLUVA season folks, I am absolutely beaming with excitement right now. I'm not putting a fake mask of positivism on for everyone like I do sometimes, I'm not trying to be overly positive right now, I genuinely feel way more excited than I have ever following drum corps. And I have yet to see anything from Bluecoats, Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Knights, Madison Scouts, The Cavaliers, Troopers, Colts, Oregon Crusaders, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades, or Pioneer, and pretty much nothing of Open Class which I loved last year. And then you throw in a hugely growing open class filled with so much entertainment, corps like Louisiana Stars coming to Indy for the first time? Scores aside, I think is going to be one for the ages.

Night, can't wait to see what this season has in store.

Pacific Crest's Preview Show is tonight (June 18).

BTW: Is there a 2016 Pacific Crest "official" thread? I searched and scrolled back, but couldn't find one.

Edited by CrownBariDad

Week before the competitions start thoughts:

1. Blue Devils
2. Cadets/Carolina Crown

3. Cadets/Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Knights

7. Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars/Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars/Boston Crusaders

11. Phantom Regiment

12. The Crossmen

13. The Troopers

14. The Academy/Oregon Crusaders

15. The Academy/Oregon Crusaders

16. The Colts

17. The Mandarins

18. Spirit of Atlanta

19. Pacific Crest

20. Seattle Cascades

21. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

22. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

*Thoughts based without factoring in advancing Open Class Corps.

Edited by corps8294

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets/Carolina Crown

3. Cadets/Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Knights

7. Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

11. Phantom Regiment

12. The Crossmen

13. The Troopers

16. The Mandarins

17. Spirit of Atlanta

18. Pacific Crest

19. Seattle Cascades

20. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

21. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

Wondering who the surgers are this year. Who comes out decent but really gains traction and grows peaking in INDY.
  • Like 2

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets/Carolina Crown

3. Cadets/Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Knights

7. Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

11. Phantom Regiment

12. The Crossmen

13. The Troopers

16. The Mandarins

17. Spirit of Atlanta

18. Pacific Crest

19. Seattle Cascades

20. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

21. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

"In third place.........which is actually a tie for second place...."

Follow by loud GROAN

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets/Carolina Crown

3. Cadets/Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Blue Knights

7. Cavaliers

8. Madison Scouts

11. Phantom Regiment

12. The Crossmen

13. The Troopers

16. The Mandarins

17. Spirit of Atlanta

18. Pacific Crest

19. Seattle Cascades

20. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

21. Jersey Surf/Pioneer

I didn't know the Colts went inactive. Were the members able to get spots in other corps? ;)

• Like 1