2016 Prediction Thread

My bold prediciton is that the Blue Knights will finish at least 3rd, but that's not all. They're going to win the Ott

so what's going on in BK land that makes you think they will leap frog Cadets, BD, Crown & Bluecoats in the brass department? Huge talent? Just curious - loving BK the past few years but that would be quite the bold move... Frankly - I hope it happens. SO - what makes you say this? I'm very curious..

My bold prediciton is that the Blue Knights will finish at least 3rd, but that's not all. They're going to win the Ott

That would be a record in DCI.

No DCI Corps that has not medaled previously, has jumped into a medal spot ( top 3) from 6th or below the previous season, in modern DCI history ( last 3 decades )

So yes, this would certainly constitute a " bold prediction ".

Edited by BRASSO

That would be a record in DCI.

No DCI Corps that has not medaled previously, has jumped into a medal spot ( top 3) from 6th or below the previous season, in modern DCI history ( last 3 decades )

So yes, this would certainly constitute a " bold prediction ".

Brasso, you're the Elias Sports Bureau of DCP!

Seriously, I do like the stats. Makes it fun!

• Like 1

Bluecoats did go from 6th to 3rd from 2009 to 2010, but they had been in 4th, 5th, previously. Not saying BK couldn't do this, just that it would be a pretty rare occurance for a corps whose previous best placement was 6th. ( Star of Indiana did it.. '89 ( 6th ) to 90( 3rd ).... so its been 2.5 decades to be more precise) That said, I'd like nothing more than to see something like this occur in the top 3 this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Bluecoats did go from 6th to 3rd from 2009 to 2010, but they had been in 4th, 5th, previously. Not saying BK couldn't do this, just that it would be an unprecedented occurance for a corps whose previous best placement was 6th.

agreed. And I say that totally pulling for BK to accomplish this - I loved their program in 2015 - my favorite 2nd only to Bluecoats

• Like 1

Inspired by Brasso, I did a little quick research and found the following placement medal jumps (1980 to current).

Garfield Cadets 7th in 1981; 2nd in 1987

Madison: 6th in 1987; 1st in 1988

Star of Indiana: 6th in 1989; 3rd in 1990

Bluecoats: 6th in 2009; 3rd in 2010

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Also, Carolina Crown: 5th in 2014, 2nd in 2015.

True.. but I did state above " 6th or below ".

Such placement movement into the top 3 from 6th or below was a bit easier in the early years of DCI, when despite many more Corps, there was not so much entrenchment at the top.

When a new Corps like BK wants to break into the TOP 4 ( lets say ), we really are talking about 3 spots. BD is pretty much a lock for top 4 ( Top 3 ) most years. Only once in 40 years ( 1991 ) has BD failed to finish in the Top 4. So any Corps thinking of finishing in the TOP 3 in any year, will realistically find 2 spots open to do so, or in the case of TOP 4, 3 spots to do so. Thats because we can pretty much pencil in BD for Top 3, 4 each and every season now. Its just the way it is, and without systemic changes, will more than likely be BD in this position for the next 40 years too, imo.

Edited by BRASSO