2016 Prediction Thread

Not a prediction...but I would wager that there are a lot of corps hoping that the current downturn in world oil prices will conitnue to plummet. If they do, this will make a major difference to corps expenses during the 2016 season. That is not to say that the prices will do so...in fact, based upon a news report I am currently watching, any and everything will be almost totally dependant upon the Chinese government. All in all...I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of a DCI corps Tour Manager over the next couple of months.

Edited by HornTeacher

Not a prediction...but I would wager that there are a lot of corps hoping that the current downturn in world oil prices will conitnue to plummet. If they do, this will make a major difference to corps expenses during the 2016 season. That is not to say that the prices will do so...in fact, based upon a news report I am currently watching, any and everything will be almost totally dependant upon the Chinese government. All in all...I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of a DCI corps Tour Manager over the next couple of months.

I'm looking forward to brass powered buses.

Good design and no caption weakness is BD's formula for success.

Crown with continued percussion improvement will be a a challenger for the Gold next year.

Cadets understanding that a Guard is the worse caption to be weak since it bleeds into all the vision captions, I'm sure will rework that program and restage them as an important caption in the show, not background as this year and will contend in 2016.

Coats were a few tenths away from the silver medal for the second consecutive year with no weak captions and a great design team, will contend in 2016.

SCV is a hair away from contending. (My feeling).

Edited by Tobias

• 3 weeks later...

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. SCV

6. Blue Knights

7. Madison Scouts

8. The Cavaliers

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Stars or Crossmen

12. Blue Stars or Crossmen

13. The Colts

14. The Troopers

15. The Mandarins

16. The Academy

17. Oregon Crusaders

18. Spirit of Atlanta

19. Pacific Crest

20. Seattle Cascades

21. Jersey Surf

22. Pioneer

*Placements based on current world class corps and not advancing open class corps.

And BD will reach that milestone before Tiger does.

Sadly, I think you're very correct in this assessment. That's not said in any way against BD, of whom I've been a long-standing fan....but more to the reality of the plight of Mr. Woods.

Edited by HornTeacher

• 4 months later...

My bold prediciton is that the Blue Knights will finish at least 3rd, but that's not all. They're going to win the Ott

I like your bold prediction. We'll see how things shake out in this new year. Breaking the top 5, let alone the top 3, is a huge accomplishment in DCI lately. We had 3 championship-caliber shows in 2015. For the first time as long as i can recall, IN MY OPINION, the winning corps was far from what i would have thought should have won - but that story's been told ad nauseam - no need to further any discussion on that topic now.

I will add that one thing that has been striking about Blue Knights over the past couple of years is the year-over-year improvement in brass and percussion. You've got some Crown and Bluecoats folks on those staffs that appear to have them going in the right direction.

Edited by drumcorpsfever