2016 Prediction Thread

I think an interesting note will be that the scores will be much more condensed this year since they decreased the scoring interval granularity. It will be intriguing to see how that affects placements overall. Its a shame we won't see the detailed recaps until the end of the season.

I am right with you. I am hoping to have a good look at the decrease in scoring interval granularity, to see if it has any real impact. Whew, just the thought of the shamefulness of no detail until the end.

I'm okay with no detailed recaps if it leads to more unpredictable competition. I'd rather be like "Woah, Bluecoats were down from BD 3 points yesterday, but beat them today? What?!?!?" Then. "Ah, I see their drum went up 2.74562996 points from yesterday. Better update my Excel sheet" lol

I'm okay with no detailed recaps if it leads to more unpredictable competition. I'd rather be like "Woah, Bluecoats were down from BD 3 points yesterday, but beat them today? What?!?!?" Then. "Ah, I see their drum went up 2.74562996 points from yesterday. Better update my Excel sheet" lol

I disagree only on the terms of my life revolving around doing spreadsheets 😅
  • Like 1

It was meant to keep judges independent and not jumping bandwagon or looking at the night before's scores in a caption prejudicing the judge before judging the show himself especially a newer judge following the opinion of an older judge.

It was meant to keep judges independent and not jumping bandwagon or looking at the night before's scores in a caption prejudicing the judge before judging the show himself especially a newer judge following the opinion of an older judge.

Makes sense to me, though I have an idea that there may be some who might scoff "But that NEVER happens!!"

here this may help as we make our predictions:

DCI Championships:

Only 9 corps have ever won the title (including 3 ties):

Last Year's Rankings

1 Blue Devils 97.650

2 Carolina Crown 97.075

3 Bluecoats 96.925

4 The Cadets 95.900

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 93.850

6 Blue Knights 91.850

7 Phantom Regiment 90.325

8 Madison Scouts 88.750

9 The Cavaliers 88.325

10 Boston Crusaders 86.800

11 Blue Stars 85.150

12 Crossmen 85.025

Edited by George Dixon

All time Championships:

Last Year's Rankings

1 Blue Devils 97.650

2 Carolina Crown 97.075

3 Bluecoats 96.925

4 The Cadets 95.900

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 93.850

6 Blue Knights 91.850

7 Phantom Regiment 90.325

8 Madison Scouts 88.750

9 The Cavaliers 88.325

10 Boston Crusaders 86.800

11 Blue Stars 85.150

12 Crossmen 85.025

Also, every corps in the top 9 last year has medals, except for Blue Knights. That's a rather interesting spot to occupy, IMO.

All time Championships:

Minor point... but " all " here, meaning" DCI Championships" here. Yes, I do know that many people believe that Drum Corps began with DCI, but for the record, Drum Corps did not begin with DCI, and as such there are National Championships won by other current DCI Corps that are not reflected here, as well as other National Championships won in in the pre DCI years that could be added to the totals of the Corps listed. Again, minor point, but just to clarify the correct timeline that we are referring to here.

Edited by BRASSO

My (somewhat) uneducated lineup with a little wishful thinking mixed in:

1st: Carolina Crown

2nd: Blue Devils

3rd: Cadets

4th: Bluecoats

5th: Blue Knights

6th: Santa Clara Vanguard

7th: Cavaliers

8th: Phantom Regiment

9th: Madison Scouts

10th: Boston Crusaders

11th: Blue Stars

12th: Spirit of Atlanta

13th: Crossmen

14th: Troopers

15th: Academy

16th: Oregon Crusaders

17th: Colts

18th: Mandarins

19th: Vanguard Cadets

20th: Pacific Crest

21st: Blue Devils B

22nd: Seattle Cascades

23rd: Genesis

24th: Spartans

25th: Legends

• Like 1

Also, every corps in the top 9 last year has medals, except for Blue Knights. That's a rather interesting spot to occupy, IMO.

Blue Stars ( that finished 11th last season ) also have 2 World Class Division DCI medals as well among these DCI Finalists from last season. As for the Blue Knights, they have been on a roll the last 2 seasons, and it'll be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve this year for us.

Edited by BRASSO