2016 Prediction Thread

I mean last year people were pretty much maliciously ripping phantoms show apart because of samples. But say Bluecoats used them everyone says that was the best idea ever. They both benefit the show but one was judged because they didn't like what was said.

I was pretty sick of the Phantom bashing last year but I can understand where it came from. It was just disappointing to see that people refused to acknowledge the improvement the corps made in the show throughout the season. I think it turned out pretty well.

I was pretty sick of the Phantom bashing last year but I can understand where it came from. It was just disappointing to see that people refused to acknowledge the improvement the corps made in the show throughout the season. I think it turned out pretty well.

I didn't like the show at all but the members played and marched it terrifically

• Like 2

Here's my final top 12 with scores and captions...

1. Blue Devils-GE, Guard, Visual-99.05

2. Crown-Brass-98.6

3. Cadets-Percussion-98.1

4. Blue Knights-97.3

5. Bluecoats-96.5

6. SCV-94.35

7. Madison-92.8

8. Phantom-92.7

9. Boston-91.3

10. Cavaliers-89.025

11. Troopers-87.8

12. The Academy-86.9

• Like 2

My unofficial placement predictions for the season today ( subject to change tomorrow ):

1) Blue Devils.............................For the Win

2nd-40th) Everybody Else..........For Also Ran

When it comes to " placements " there is only one real " winner "( unless its a tie). After that, all the MM's in all these Corps will be " winners " for having earned their life long skills that should help them thwart anything that life throws at them after they finish their marching days. Placements are important, but in the big picture, when The Big Guy calls us home, he's not going to ask us how clean we marched and judged in Drum Corps. He going to judge how clean the Life was. Thats the competition you wanna win. So my suggestion for this summer is for all us fans to have fun with the placements, but also to enjoy all the shows for the efforts they all will make, and to make sure we put everything into its proper perspective here on all of this. Ok, I will take a careful step down from my soapbox now.

When it comes to " placements " there is only one real " winner "( unless its a tie). After that, all the MM's in all these Corps will be " winners " for having earned their life long skills that should help them thwart anything that life throws at them after they finish their marching days. Placements are important, but in the big picture, when The Big Guy calls us home, he's not going to ask us how clean we marched and judged in Drum Corps. He going to judge how clean the Life was. Thats the competition you wanna win. So my suggestion for this summer is for all us fans to have fun with the placements, but also to enjoy all the shows for the efforts they all will make, and to make sure we put everything into its proper perspective here on all of this. Ok, I will take a careful step down from my soapbox now.Very You do make some

Very true! I marched 3 years, and honestly couldn't tell you what we placed any season.

My unofficial placement predictions for the season today ( subject to change tomorrow ):

1) Blue Devils.............................For the Win

2nd-40th) Everybody Else..........For Also Ran

When it comes to " placements " there is only one real " winner "( unless its a tie). After that, all the MM's in all these Corps will be " winners " for having earned their life long skills that should help them thwart anything that life throws at them after they finish their marching days. Placements are important, but in the big picture, when The Big Guy calls us home, he's not going to ask us how clean we marched and judged in Drum Corps. He going to judge how clean the Life was. Thats the competition you wanna win. So my suggestion for this summer is for all us fans to have fun with the placements, but also to enjoy all the shows for the efforts they all will make, and to make sure we put everything into its proper perspective here on all of this. Ok, I will take a careful step down from my soapbox now.

BD a three peat ehh BRASSO? It's their last milestone to overcome:) Hey who is that EVERYONE ELSE drum corps from 2-40!!! That's crazy that they'll dominate 39 placements;)

They always have the tools, so until we see a show, we can assume they have a serious shot at it. Could probably say that for 4 or so.

Talk about using tools to perfection - I absolutely LOVED Crown's show last year - not because of the theme (which I didn't particularly like) - but because they sold Hell like Hell has never been sold.

Crown never ceases to blow me away - year after year. Win or not. They transport me. I'm a brassphile so it stands to reason...

They may finish 2nd or 3rd most years but remain #1 to me.

Always a medal contender.

BD a three peat ehh BRASSO? It's their last milestone to overcome:) Hey who is that EVERYONE ELSE drum corps from 2-40!!! That's crazy that they'll dominate 39 placements;)

I know, it was a bold statement for me to state they'll dominate there ( haha!)

• Like 1

I'm also excited to hear that rich low brass sound from Phantom Regiment this year on the King brass instruments!

Yes!

I just realized that Phantom is celebrating their 60th anniversary. I think they might be the corps to watch this year..... next to The Cavaliers haha.

Yes!

I just realized that Phantom is celebrating their 60th anniversary. I think they might be the corps to watch this year..... next to The Cavaliers haha.

Hey, good pickup on that. I was not aware of this. Any Drum Corps that is able to last as long as this is both commendable as well as unusual in a competition youth activity that has lost so many Drum Corps over the years. Congratulations and best wishes are thus in order to the Phantom Regiment for their 60th anniversary season this summer.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1