2016 Prediction Thread

Why does everyone have so little faith in the Phantom Regiment. The Phantom Regiment has always been a crop that jumps up and down in the placings. They were in the top 3 just 4 years ago. Some of there later shows have been a little weak stacked up against other show but there design and drums I think improved last year over Swan Lake and T-Journey Evan though there score was a bit lower. But people are just throwing them under the bus thinking there going to get beat by Boston and Madison. I don't think that's possible. Don't get me wrong I don't think they should be top 5 ever year but there way better then 9th or 10th.

OK, I'm curious; why are they WAY better than 9th or 10th? Simply because they are Phantom? You say they are getting thrown under the bus but it appears you threw Madison and Boston under the bus too. I am not picking a fight. It just struck me that you are bothered by how people perceive Phantom, then you comment on Madison and Boston similarly.

Here's my final top 12 with scores and captions...

1. Blue Devils-GE, Guard, Visual-99.05

2. Crown-Brass-98.6

3. Cadets-Percussion-98.1

4. Blue Knights-97.3

5. Bluecoats-96.5

6. SCV-94.35

7. Madison-92.8

8. Phantom-92.7

9. Boston-91.3

10. Cavaliers-89.025

11. Troopers-87.8

12. The Academy-86.9

I mean last year people were pretty much maliciously ripping phantoms show apart because of samples. But say Bluecoats used them everyone says that was the best idea ever. They both benefit the show but one was judged because they didn't like what was said.

Hardly analogous. Bluecoats wove 3d electronics into their program in an unprecedented manner and executed the heck out of it. Regiments show was poorly designed and the members and staff did their best with what they were given. I've seen far superior designs on the high school band circuit. Frequently. It's a credit to the regiment members they sold the program as well as they did.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

I can agree with this placement. Call me a homer or whatever. And, yes anything can happen during a season. Last year at the beginning of the season many people thought Madison would drop out of finals but I did not, and they did not! I will go out again and say that to many peoples' disagreement or desire, or whatever the case maybe. Madison will move up again this year in placement! They defied the odds last year by jumping 3 placements from the year before. Not saying it will be three again. But, it's really, really not good to think they won't keep moving up. They have finally got their mojo back and it has been a long time coming! Not only is it good for the fans, but also DCI when the Scouts are on their game! Yes, I am excited!!!

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 2

I can agree with this placement. Call me a homer or whatever. And, yes anything can happen during a season. Last year at the beginning of the season many people thought Madison would drop out of finals but I did not, and they did not! I will go out again and say that to many peoples' disagreement or desire, or whatever the case maybe. Madison will move up again this year in placement! They defied the odds last year by jumping 3 placements from the year before. Not saying it will be three again. But, it's really, really not good to think they won't keep moving up. They have finally got their mojo back and it has been a long time coming! Not only is it good for the fans, but also DCI when the Scouts are on their game! Yes, I am excited!!!

Their show last year was fantastic. It was really fun and I have high hopes for them this year

I'm more excited for Madison's show this year than any other, since 99 Madison remains my favorite show of all time.

One was judged because it was designed like a BOA show and the other was Kinetic Noise. No one in their right mind can tell me that Phantom should have been higher than any of the top 6 from last year

So you want to tell a story but not tell the story?

I thought kinetic noise samples were pointless and didn't care for the show. They played well but part 2 of electronic show wasn't as good to me. I wasnt going around saying its a terrible design and bashing. Phantom took a different approach and people flipped. It's as if Troopers did a full out techno show.

• Like 1

I thought kinetic noise samples were pointless and didn't care for the show. They played well but part 2 of electronic show wasn't as good to me. I wasnt going around saying its a terrible design and bashing. Phantom took a different approach and people flipped. It's as if Troopers did a full out techno show.

Well they're going to need to get used to Phantom moving away from the traditional classical music and get used to them taking on a more modern approach like 2010.

Let me ask you something. Do you think Phantom in 2009 deserved to be placed ahead of any of the corps above them? The show design was weak last year which is why they finished in 7th. People will predict them to fall until they give everyone a reason not to

• Like 1

Let me ask you something. Do you think Phantom in 2009 deserved to be placed ahead of any of the corps above them? The show design was weak last year which is why they finished in 7th. People will predict them to fall until they give everyone a reason not to

The thing is, PR can perform very well. As George Dixon said, they performed an ok show extremely well. Design a solid show and PR will surge (think 2012).
  • Like 3