2016 Prediction Thread

My useless (end of May) prediction just based on musical show selections alone stands as follows:

1. Crown (brass, ge music, color guard)

2. Blue Devils ( ge visual)

3. Cadets (drums)

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Blue Knights

6. Blue Coats

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Madison

9. Cavies

10. Boston

11. Blue Stars

12. Troopers or Academy

I'm new to this, but let me try

1. Blue devils

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. SVC

5. Phantom regiment

6. Cavaliers

7. Carolina Crown

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue stars

10. BAC

11. SOA

12. Crossman

I have a hard time seeing Madison falling out of Finals, though anythings possible in May.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Prediction Wishful Thinking

1 BD 1 BD

2 Bloo 2 SCV

3 Crown 3 BK

4 SCV 4 Bloo

5 BK 5 Phantom

6 Cadets 6 Madison

7 Phantom 7 Crown

8 Cavies 8 Cavies

9 Madison 9 Cadets

10 Blue Stars 10 Blue Stars

11 Boston 11 Colts

12 Colts 12 Academy

I am from the west coast here in California (bay area) I am giving this information so people can understand my ridiculous wishful thinking picks. I really hope this season is a lot like last season. It was great not knowing who the champion would be until it was announced at retreat Finals night. I am a BD fan, but a BD undefeated season is not exciting for many reasons. Let us hope for another dog fight!

Prediction Wishful Thinking

1 BD 1 BD

2 Bloo 2 SCV

3 Crown 3 BK

4 SCV 4 Bloo

5 BK 5 Phantom

6 Madison

7 Crown

8 Cavies

9 Cadets

10 Blue Stars

11 Colts

12 Academy

I am from the west coast here in California (bay area)

' Never would have guessed that you lived on the West Coast ( oh, just kiddin' you ). Should be a fun season for us fans and for all these Marchers.

Since Bluecoats just released their rep, I'm going to be the first to say they are winning this year.

• Like 1

I have a hard time seeing Madison falling out of Finals, though anythings possible in May.

I love May! Anything IS possible, and that's why:

The top 4 from last year will all win

5-12 from last year will all move up

And 13-15 will all be in the top 12

• Like 3

I love May! Anything IS possible, and that's why:

The top 4 from last year will all win

5-12 from last year will all move up

And 13-15 will all be in the top 12

Absolutely... we'll have it no other way.

Since Bluecoats just released their rep, I'm going to be the first to say they are winning this year.

Is it a Latin show?

In 2014 and 2015, my predictions have not exactly occurred, about 50%, so if the past two years are an indication and you don't like what I say about your favorite corps, well there's only 50% chance it will happen. I will point out I was on target in 2013.

I don't think any of 2015's top 10 will fall from finals or the top 10 for that matter.

BD three-peating is not a stretch, but I base this on a conversation with some BD folks at Tanglewood last summer. Last year's corps, at least according to those I spoke with, was younger than other years and many were spending a second summer with BD. So an experienced corps with members who know how to win with a great show makes this prediction somewhat a no brainer.

I won't rule out a Crown victory, I think it will be back and forth between Crown and BD. however, if they have addressed percussion issues, I may alter this prediction.

I'm not sure where to put Cadets and Bloo. In the case of Bloo, my understanding is there were quite a few age outs, including their dynamic DM. Could be a rebuilding year Cadets it's hard to separate the chatter with the facts. I see Bloo and Cadets battling for 3rd and you can't rule out SCV adding some fire.

Some have placed Blue Knights as high as 5th, I'm not sure they just had a good year in 2015 though to be fair, those who predicted upward momentum for them in 2014 did prove to be correct.

My prediction for a new top 7 placement may be clouded by sentiment. I predict BAC will return to the top 7. It may be wishful thinking, but from what I hear the musical book is more in line with their comfort zone and they will push the envelope a bit as well.

Chris Lugo marched with Cavies during the Fiedler years, was a part of Cavies glory years, and has been involved with them during recent rough years. My thought is under his direction the corps will improve. We may not see a higher placement, but we will see improvement and momentum.

Some put Phantom at the lower end. Some years Phantom makes huge leaps forward, and others fall. My prediction 7th or 8th.

I'm not sure a "Judas" themed show will work for Madison, especially where they have such an iconic favorite with 1999's "Jesus Christ, Superstar." I find dark shows do not sustain through an entire season. While Crown's show last year may be pointed out as an exception, remember Dante made it out of Hell, Dante escapes and is remembered as one of history's greatest writers. Judas hangs from a tree and is remembered as one of history's greatest traitors.

Blue Star fans see great things for Blue Stars. People are counting Crossmen out. People counted Crossmen in 2012, 2014, and 2015. They placed in finals. Blue Stars fell in 2012 and more than a few said it was their farewell to finals. They both have made it. Based on chatter, I see better things for Blue Stars than Crossmen, but I love Crossmen so I hope I'm wrong. However I do think one will be replaced by Troopers who have been hungry to return to finals.

I'm new to this, but let me try

1. Blue devils

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. SVC

5. Phantom regiment

6. Cavaliers

7. Carolina Crown

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue stars

10. BAC

11. SOA

12. Crossman

I'm not sure Crossman can make finals with only one member.