6. Cavaliers

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Madison Scouts

11. Blue Stars

12. Troopers

• Like 1

Unless something big changes with the corps design approaches from last year I think BD wins again!

Here is my top 12 as of now:

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. SCV

6. Blue Knights

7. Cavaliers

8. Madison Sounts

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Blue Stars

12. Troopers

Why does everyone have so little faith in the Phantom Regiment. The Phantom Regiment has always been a crop that jumps up and down in the placings. They were in the top 3 just 4 years ago. Some of there later shows have been a little weak stacked up against other show but there design and drums I think improved last year over Swan Lake and T-Journey Evan though there score was a bit lower. But people are just throwing them under the bus thinking there going to get beat by Boston and Madison. I don't think that's possible. Don't get me wrong I don't think they should be top 5 ever year but there way better then 9th or 10th.

• Like 1

Why does everyone have so little faith in the Phantom Regiment. The Phantom Regiment has always been a crop that jumps up and down in the placings. They were in the top 3 just 4 years ago. Some of there later shows have been a little weak stacked up against other show but there design and drums I think improved last year over Swan Lake and T-Journey Evan though there score was a bit lower. But people are just throwing them under the bus thinking there going to get beat by Boston and Madison. I don't think that's possible. Don't get me wrong I don't think they should be top 5 ever year but there way better then 9th or 10th.

It's close. Madison could very well beat Phantom this year, but *I* think it's more likely that Phantom comes out on top. Boston has a better track record over the last 5 years than Madison, but not Phantom. Boston can very well pop a top 6 show if things align the right way.

The corps that's gotten "thrown under the bus" has been the Cavaliers. They've been all over the place score wise. Last year, a series of unfortunate events transpired ending in their 9th place, but they were on the upswing the year before that.

So, I don't really think that people are throwing them under the bus, but Phantom has been transitioning with their sound and design. This year, I think they've addressed the brass sound part of the equation with Pitts arranging. Try not to get too excited yet, Phantom could come out on fire and create buzz.

It's close. Madison could very well beat Phantom this year, but *I* think it's more likely that Phantom comes out on top. Boston has a better track record over the last 5 years than Madison, but not Phantom. Boston can very well pop a top 6 show if things align the right way.

The corps that's gotten "thrown under the bus" has been the Cavaliers. They've been all over the place score wise. Last year, a series of unfortunate events transpired ending in their 9th place, but they were on the upswing the year before that.

So, I don't really think that people are throwing them under the bus, but Phantom has been transitioning with their sound and design. This year, I think they've addressed the brass sound part of the equation with Pitts arranging. Try not to get too excited yet, Phantom could come out on fire and create buzz.

I'm also excited to hear that rich low brass sound from Phantom Regiment this year on the King brass instruments!

• Like 1

Instability related to staffing. The brass and visual designers are very new to writing drum corps level books.

DCP has their golden child's that can do no wrong and will always move up and win (Crown Bluecoats Cavies so on) and then you have groups that DCP rips apart (Blue Devils Phantom and so on) You shouldn't read much into it here because it's just couch directors thinking they are right. I still believe phantom will be a top 6 group and pass BK (Which seems like they are becoming a golden child).

• Like 3

DCP has their golden child's that can do no wrong and will always move up and win (Crown Bluecoats Cavies so on) and then you have groups that DCP rips apart (Blue Devils Phantom and so on) You shouldn't read much into it here because it's just couch directors thinking they are right. I still believe phantom will be a top 6 group and pass BK (Which seems like they are becoming a golden child).

True

I mean last year people were pretty much maliciously ripping phantoms show apart because of samples. But say Bluecoats used them everyone says that was the best idea ever. They both benefit the show but one was judged because they didn't like what was said.

One was judged because it was designed like a BOA show and the other was Kinetic Noise. No one in their right mind can tell me that Phantom should have been higher than any of the top 6 from last year