Cavalcade of Brass Lisle, IL

I'm not buying it. Bloo simply is better than The Cadets now. In fact, Crown is better than Cadets too. Judges will figure this out sooner or later. Why is there always such an early season bias with Cadets? No matter, it WILL HAPPEN! This is not Cleveland

PS - no disrespect intended for The Cadets.

To some people the Bluecoats have a more exciting and/or interesting show. ( this =better) But, It's about individual captions cleanliness and performance. Heck, I haven't like a Blue Devil show since 2006 but I know they're clean and they perform. Respect!

CMFCPercussion!

You've been AUNGST Beeotch! Somebody owes me $50!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 2

Is anybody opposed to the idea of puting pop corn kernels inside of pancake batter so that we can have self-flipping pancakes?

I know I'm not.

I think it's a GREAT idea.

I remember in 2012 when Spirit beat Cavies at a show... Don't expect the Crossmen to stay ahead of Boston.

Why? I like the Crossmen's show more than I like Boston's. I fully expect them to stay ahead of Boston and pull ahead of Blue stars and Madison!

The Crossmen did edge Boston out in the early season of 2003.

BAC finished 6th in finals that year.

Sometimes intention doesn't really matter.

Which is something you're bent on proving in this instance.

I can imagine what a place like DCP would have been like in 1991 when Crossmen beat Devils at DCI East Prelims and tied them at DCI East Finals.

That year they also beat Cadets once or twice.

The Crossmen had some GREAT shows back in the day. The 1990 show featured music from the jazz vocal group New York Voices. Loved that show. I am forgetting what they did in 1991, but I remember them beating Cadets. They were a force that year, too. Forgetting the percussion instructor, but I remember their percussion back in the day was musically amazing and a visual treat. Then, of course, you have their legendary 1992 show which took 6th at Finals - beating SCV and Phantom.

• Like 1

To tag onto my above comment, when Crossmen were sold to the Texas organization, which I realize was a tough move for alumni, I really believe it was the best thing for Crossmen. They seem to have been financially sound since. I keep waiting for the moment when all that great Texas HS and College band talent begins migrating to that corps. I am sure some of it already has. But if they ever get some of the top-tier college talent in droves, I believe we could see the emergence of a new top 5 powerhouse -- much like when Star of Indiana arose in Bloomington, IN.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1