DCI Live! 2015 Status and Assistance

Brief tech note: Re: DCI Minneapolis Multi-cam.

I am certain the left and right channels are reversed. Crown had a trumpet soloists standing on the R and it very clearly came through my headphones in the left ear only. There are other examples but that one example is 100% certain.

I double-checked my phones and they are correct as to L/R in my ear.

The sound is great BTW, just reversed, and the problem does not make the show any less enjoyable.

Problem solved, it was all on my end. PC was fine with the headphone jack, and the speakers on the receiver were oriented correctly.

I tracked the problem down to the headphone jack wires in the receiver were reversed!

• Like 1

Can I not just pay for Semi's this year? Is the 79.95 the only one available?

• Like 1

Can I not just pay for Semi's this year? Is the 79.95 the only one available?

I think it may be. I honestly wouldn't mind even paying 40 bucks for just semis or just finals, but not sure I'm willing to pay that much for 2.5 days worth of performances.

Especially when audio has been abysmal this season (I've listened to quite a few feeds from different shows now and only a select few had decent audio). I'd assume the setup at Lucas Oil will be a lot more professional, but I don't know whether I can trust DCI anymore with these basic quality measures.

Edited by Cappybara

I think it may be. I honestly wouldn't mind even paying 40 bucks for just semis or just finals, but not sure I'm willing to pay that much for 2.5 days worth of performances.

Especially when audio has been abysmal this season (I've listened to quite a few feeds from different shows now and only a select few had decent audio). I'd assume the setup at Lucas Oil will be a lot more professional, but I don't know whether I can trust DCI anymore with these basic quality measures.

Wow. Yeah I agree. I would too for semis and finals, maybe even 50, but 80? Especially if the Audio sucks. Its really a shame that DCI has taken a step backwards in this area seeing how its 2015. All the technology is available to make look and sound amazing. Could you imagine DCI in 4k and 7.1??...on my 65"4k tv? That would be sick!

• Like 3

Can you confirm please, will the top 15 corps be available for viewing on the DCI Live! Quarter finals feed?

Thank you.

Can you confirm please, will the top 15 corps be available for viewing on the DCI Live! Quarter finals feed?

Thank you.

This depends who you ask.
  • Like 1

This depends who you ask.

I've come to accept reality on this. Reluctantly. :unhappy:

+++

DCI Live! was clear on this from the beginning, so I can't blame DCI, just because I can't read.

Or can I? :lookaround: