DCI Live! 2015 Status and Assistance

SO...I guess I'm not watching Prelims? Got this message multiple times...Can get into the DCI site, but this is what I get when I try to access the Live Feed...after a couple minutes of waiting for it to load...

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "" The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

This may have been asked already, but can I get a log in to watch the online broadcast today without having to pay for the whole weekend? Today is the only day I'll watch and I'm not even going to watch the Top 12.

Wish I could answer this....I'm in the same boat as you, except only Semi's for me.

** EDIT: I do have an answer, per DCI, they are NOT offering separate show prices this year. Man, this really pisses me off. This is a complete fail by DCI. Not paying 80 bucks just to watch Semi's. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by rainshdw08
  • Like 2

Good luck with that!! DCi took a major step backwards this year in presenting live shows imo. Don't get me wrong, id love it too, i just don't see it.

Heh, I'm guessing it'll be a while before Google Fiber is in place. I think they're still in the early planning stages of working it all out with the city. (4000 miles worth of cable is pretty insane.)

Oh, and for an off topic aside (that's in your wheelhouse)-- high pressure domes really, really, really suck. :)

I'm not watching DCI Live! today. I'm not going to the theater. I'm listening to what I call "Drum Corps Radio".

I have the DCI YouTube Front Sideline Entrance Tunnel Cam running on my computer and they are using the audio feed from the DCI Live! broadcast. So while I'm puttering around the house, I have great drum corps music to listen to.

Awesome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxroh-GNgbo&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2

Oh, and for an off topic aside (that's in your wheelhouse)-- high pressure domes really, really, really suck. :)

I agree 100%. That's why I'm glad I don't live in Texas...waaay too hot for me. Give me every day in the 60s and 70's with low dewpoints. I so can't wait until the 1st fall powerhouse cold front comes....won't be long now. :)

• Like 1

I paid for the 3 day event but I'm not allowed to watch the live Thursday Quarterfinals. Only Friday & Saturday. I'm getting rip off. I sent a email to DCI but I haven't received a response. What should I do. I would like to see today's event!!!

I paid for the 3 day event but I'm not allowed to watch the live Thursday Quarterfinals. Only Friday & Saturday. I'm getting rip off. I sent a email to DCI but I haven't received a response. What should I do. I would like to see today's event!!!

Nobody is allowed to, it's not just you. It has been on DCI's website for weeks that this was going to happen. You have to go to the theater event to see tonight's show.

you should read more carefully before you buy things...

top 15 is only at the theater.

• Like 1

I'm not watching DCI Live! today. I'm not going to the theater. I'm listening to what I call "Drum Corps Radio".

I have the DCI YouTube Front Sideline Entrance Tunnel Cam running on my computer and they are using the audio feed from the DCI Live! broadcast. So while I'm puttering around the house, I have great drum corps music to listen to.

Awesome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxroh-GNgbo&feature=youtu.be

This is a great idea! Thanks for the post. I'm no longer puttering around the house with a passive aggressive look on my face.

Listening to the YouTube feed was a great twist on the shows. It made me focus solely on the musical impact and flow of the shows; I enjoyed the varied experience.

But on with the full stream tomorrow!