DCI Live! 2015 Status and Assistance

This is probably answered somewhere but during the live broadcasts are you able to rewind to a prior point during the event? The only reason I ask is that I have a place to be on Saturday and may not be home until around 7:00. Just wondering if I could rewind a touch and then just catch back up during intermission in case i miss a corps or 2.

This is probably answered somewhere but during the live broadcasts are you able to rewind to a prior point during the event? The only reason I ask is that I have a place to be on Saturday and may not be home until around 7:00. Just wondering if I could rewind a touch and then just catch back up during intermission in case i miss a corps or 2.

Yes, you can rewind all you want until after the awards ceremony when they cut the feed.

Yes, you can rewind all you want until after the awards ceremony when they cut the feed.

Good advice. I managed to see 11 of my 16 quota due to my self imposed offline 10 summer days per year. I have notes on the 11 experiences with DCI Live! and it 'aint pretty. Do not watch the awards ceremony at all as the feed may cut abruptly! Rewind back, select the corps you missed and don't worry about the scores. Check the scores later. Enjoy the remaining broadcasts and please provide a review on DCP for me. I'll be offline again this weekend. Hugs!

I just read that we'll be getting Google Fiber in San Antonio. So I'm counting on DCI figuring out how to offer 4k live shows -- with DVR functionality -- by the time they get those 4000 miles of fiber optic cable laid! :)

• Like 2

Y​ea I rewind as soon as my Dev's play and watch high cam. I don't care about awards ceremony. I know I'll get the sores one way or other. I usually get to see it anyway though. The sound and picture quality are pretty good now but no DVR function for even one day totally stinks!

I just read that we'll be getting Google Fiber in San Antonio. So I'm counting on DCI figuring out how to offer 4k live shows -- with DVR functionality -- by the time they get those 4000 miles of fiber optic cable laid! :)

Good luck with that!! DCi took a major step backwards this year in presenting live shows imo. Don't get me wrong, id love it too, i just don't see it.

Sound quality is excellent today for Prelims.

DCI East was an anomally afterall.

I got the feeling Allentown was 'Renta-Mics.' I remember an earlier broadcast that was equally amateurish with no ability to adjust on the fly. Hope that can be fixed for next season.

You need the center mic to anchor the stereo image. Mics only on the 35s would create phasey ping-pong stereo, all hard left and hard right image. The phasing would be especially awful for field percussion.

Your're right. I didn't think about how weird mics spaced that far apart would sound.

I wonder what the Allentown crew did to make it sound so bad those nights.

Edited by RyanSE