What champions went undefeated the whole season.

1983 Vanguard won Semis, Garfield went from 3rd to 1st and won Finals.

1999 Blue Devs took Prelims and Semis and SCV tied them at Finals. Not a loss, but close.

Same thing happened in 2000, Cadets took the first two, then Cavs tied them.

Going back further, 1974 Scouts won Prelims, then Vanguard won Finals the next night.

1972 Vanguard won Prelims, Anaheim Kingsmen won Finals the next night. Vanguard actually dropped to 3rd, 1/10th of a pt behind Blue Stars for 2nd.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

Its interesting how The Cadets can go undefeated the whole season and the Cavies can have a good enough show to tie with them.

Yeah we had a "bad run" heh heh heh...

Honestly, I wasn't sure how we went "undefeated" that entire season. I thought BD was gonna beat us in Giants' stadium.

• Like 1

On the DCA side, Bucs went undefeated for 6 years 2005-2010. However, that is the OTHER side of drum corps.

• Like 2

• BD 1986 almost did it, but lost their first show
  • BD 1988 almost did it, but after going undefeated all season then lost to Madison at semifinals, and to Madison and SCV at Finals.

Yes. After losing the first show, we spent a week on show changes and added spats to the uniform...never looked back.

Also, remember in 1988, the semifinals scores were not announced (there was the famous draw for position at finals). So, although we lost both semis and finals, no one knew it until finals.

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard (lost.....one show that year I think in the first week?)

Not the first week. It was July 15th in a little town called Concord, CA.

There is still something to be said about playing to your home crowd.

I'm curious to know which is considered more difficult....a three-peat or back to back undefeated. I think Cavies have the most consecutive wins and tie with BD for back to backs....but I'm not a stat guy.

Pre DCI I think perhaps the 70 Troopers went undefeated.

But from DCI period (1972) onward it's mostly been Blue Devils.

BD 1982, 1994, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014 - 6 total

The Cadets 2000 (never lost a show, but Cavaliers did tie them in the end for the title)

The Cavaliers 2002

That's it to my knowledge.

• The Cadets 1983 had a shot, but lost in semi-finals before winning Finals.
  • BD 1988 almost did it, but after going undefeated all season then lost to Madison at semifinals, and to Madison and SCV at Finals.

Also BD in 1995. Went undefeated until quarters. Cavies made their move. Then Cadets passed them too. Great year none the less.

Yeah we had a "bad run" heh heh heh...

Honestly, I wasn't sure how we went "undefeated" that entire season. I thought BD was gonna beat us in Giants' stadium.

Yes, thats a good point on your 2000 season Cadets that probably should be included as well in the " Undefeated " listing of mine above. Yes, they were tied in a show competition that season, but the phrase " Undefeated " is pretty much self explanatory. " Undefeated " means nobody beat that Corps. And nobody did" beat". your Cadets Corps that 2000 season. So I'd include your Cadets as an Undefeated Season Corps ( even if we have to put an asterisk beside it for a further explanation regarding a tie )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Pre DCI I think perhaps the 70 Troopers went undefeated.

But from DCI period (1972) onward it's mostly been Blue Devils.

BD 1982, 1994, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014 - 6 total

The Cadets 2000 (never lost a show, but Cavaliers did tie them in the end for the title)

The Cavaliers 2002

That's it to my knowledge.

• The Cadets 1983 had a shot, but lost in semi-finals before winning Finals.

According to Corpreps, Troopers lost to SCV on Saturday, July 11 at the North American Open in Milwaukee, WI. (SCV 1st with an 82.5...Troopers 2nd with an 81.65.) There may have been more, but I stopped researching at that point.

Edited by HornTeacher