What champions went undefeated the whole season.

I know there are a few instances on the II/III side. I marched Pioneer where we were undefeated in 94 and 95...and every show in 96 up until finals. Magic was undefeated in 2002 although I don't know if they should really be considered II/III. I would guess there may be a late 80's to mid 90's Mandarins corps that may have gone undefeated. Any idea if Academy was undefeated the year they won div II?

Z

Yeah we had a "bad run" heh heh heh...

Honestly, I wasn't sure how we went "undefeated" that entire season. I thought BD was gonna beat us in Giants' stadium.

What instrument were you in that show? Y'all were amazing that year.

I know there are a few instances on the II/III side. I marched Pioneer where we were undefeated in 94 and 95...and every show in 96 up until finals. Magic was undefeated in 2002 although I don't know if they should really be considered II/III. I would guess there may be a late 80's to mid 90's Mandarins corps that may have gone undefeated. Any idea if Academy was undefeated the year they won div II?

Z

That Pioneer corps in '96 - I have no idea how y'all lost. Saw you in July, and I'd have had you above a fair number of D1 corps.

Mike

That Pioneer corps in '96 - I have no idea how y'all lost. Saw you in July, and I'd have had you above a fair number of D1 corps.

Mike

We were seeded 14th going into quarterfinals, but since we were division II we had to perform as the 4th out of 5 II/III corps. We then proceeded to finish 20th. We were better than Les Etoiles. I still look back at that Tuesday and Thursday of championships in Orlando and think that it was a turning point for Pioneer. If Pioneer won division II and finished 14th in semis...where would the corps be today? But that is another topic for another thread. Back to undefeated corps...

Z

Amazing how BD has went unbeaten 6 times. Every other corps combined has done it twice.

BD is to drum corps what the Yankees are to baseball. The Yankees huge payroll and BD's huge budget will always keep them in the running as long as there is gravy on the train. Go anybody else!

BD is to drum corps what the Yankees are to baseball. The Yankees huge payroll and BD's huge budget will always keep them in the running as long as there is gravy on the train. Go anybody else!

It's more than simply a huge budget. Lots of organizations have huge budgets...yet never seem to find the wherewithall to turn that into ultimate success.

To say that BD's history of success is the sole determining factor in their accumulation of top-level successes is an affront to every staff member, marching member, and support team members who have worked their own butts off over the years to make the organization a (not THE) most successful one.

EDIT: What I meant to say was "To say that BD's history of financial fortune..." Sorry for the original stupid phrase/typing error.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

I played 2nd Trumpet.

only 2nd?..lol..I thought you'd be a screamer!!!....lol...I kid...2nd's and 3rd's are awesome!

Z

Esperanza went undefeated in 2003.

only 2nd?..lol..I thought you'd be a screamer!!!....lol...I kid...2nd's and 3rd's are awesome!

I wish. My lips are too big for a tighter embouchure lol...besides, I loved 2nd. Not too high, not too low, and I had some of the best drill sets lol...a lot of running.