July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

Crossmen haters

Do you always assume people hate Crossmen when they lose? Because that sounds like a LOT of hate.

• Like 2

I have read multiple calls for the Cadets to clean up their visual. Is it people in the wrong positions or is it more poor leg form and posture? Is it more than 5% getting it wrong or a few individuals? Did the trumpet hole remain? Were the F Horns in better tune on their feature than in Allentown? Congratulations to the Blue Devils. I'll see these guys live in Clifton, NJ on Monday and was at the Allentown show. Crown hornline warm up chastiser better rethink demeaning the Cadets note attacks. Hop has some tricks up his sleeve and will need them.

Edited by cadet_mellos

That's what people said about Crown in 13.

You know, I immediately thought about that after I posted. The difference I see is that the '13 percussion section didn't have a very bad impact in overall music, but BC guard does do something for overall visual: either in the back a good bit in the first half or not really existent. I don't stand by the assessment, but just notice it for the time being.

Crown hornline warm up chastiser better rethink demeaning the Cadets note attacks. Hop has some tricks up his sleeve and will need them.

Those kinds of snarky comments and general dickishness have been the M.O. of certain Crown brass staffers for quite a while. I wouldn't expect it to change now. I remember back to 2008 when said staffer had their hornline turn and disrupt our warmup at our first show of the season so that they could "take ownership" of the 1812 Overture from us. Super annoying.

Note: this is not an attack on the Crown organization. Just an observation and sharing of a personal experience.

Edited by zachariaswmb
  • Like 1

Yes, BD won pretty comfortably tonite... but despite the spread, this BD edition appears far more vulnerable to me than last season's BD edition. I thought BD was head and shoulders over everybody else last season ( as did the judges ). I think its 50-50 BD repeats this year... although its early.

• Like 2

I have read multiple calls for the Cadets to clean up their visual. Is it people in the wrong positions or is it more poor leg form and posture? Is it more than 5% getting it wrong or a few individuals? Did the trumpet hole remain? Were the F Horns in better tune on their feature than in Allentown? Congratulations to the Blue Devils. I'll see these guys live in Clifton, NJ on Monday and was at the Allentown show. Crown hornline warm up chastiser better rethink demeaning the Cadets note attacks. Hop has some tricks up his sleeve and will need them.

Haha it's just friendly banter between corps. Hop basically slotted Crown in third tonight, and while he was right, it's basically the same deal.

I only got to listen on Periscope (I can send you the name of the user if you want to watch it) but the horns sounded GREAT tonight to me.

I think Bluecoats have the show....but the guard will ultimately get 5th and hold them back from their first championship.

while 2008 was a crazy year Phantom did get 4th in CG and won. BD got 55th in percussion that year and almost won so it is possible you just need to make sure another category can help.