July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

Wait this was a joke right?

Perhaps you should look up the word "joke". It was a serious question.

I have read multiple calls for the Cadets to clean up their visual. Is it people in the wrong positions or is it more poor leg form and posture? Is it more than 5% getting it wrong or a few individuals? Did the trumpet hole remain? Were the F Horns in better tune on their feature than in Allentown? Congratulations to the Blue Devils. I'll see these guys live in Clifton, NJ on Monday and was at the Allentown show. Crown hornline warm up chastiser better rethink demeaning the Cadets note attacks. Hop has some tricks up his sleeve and will need them.

With this drill they have this year, you REALLY expect them to be clean on July 3rd???

• Like 1

So I read the crowd "booed" Crowns placement. I seem to recall two recent years when crowds would boo at placements, 2008 and 2013. I think we all know how those seasons ended up.

So I read the crowd "booed" Crowns placement. I seem to recall two recent years when crowds would boo at placements, 2008 and 2013. I think we all know how those seasons ended up.

Pretty sure they also booed in 09, 10, and 12.

*shrugs*

Perhaps you should look up the word "joke". It was a serious question.

Thought it was a joke since it's been covered over and over again on the fan network thread. My bad.

I love how people keep bringing up previous seasons as if that's going to have some kind of effect on the current. Just as similar to what people say when corps perform at different shows, "different years. no comparison".

With this drill they have this year, you REALLY expect them to be clean on July 3rd???

Yes I expect it to be spotless...lol

• Like 1

Thought it was a joke since it's been covered over and over again on the fan network thread. My bad.

Well then. Perhaps I should have gone into the Fan Network thread instead of just glossing over it. Oops.

Yes I expect it to be spotless...lol

GET ON YOUR DOT!!!! LOL

• Like 1

Crown's placement was booed. Crown, BD, and Cadets were pretty close this evening and all three were very good, but Crown seemed to have a bit of an edge tonight in that the performance was on powerful, especially brass, and they appeared to me to be cleaner than we usually see them at this time of the year. The guard was amazing too, with excellent flag/rifle/saber manipulation, and with tons of alums of 27th, BAC, and North Star, all three of whom had great guards, especially 27th, this is appreciated. Cadets were good, but didn't have Crown's energy, and no doubt due to travel, the same was true of Blue Devils. Crown also has an excellent relationship with NE host communities, is a favorite in parades, and Crown folks let Boston area folks know that Boston is a favorite tour stop, so Crown feels the love here and the love is shown.

P.S.: edited out the last paragraph since it contained an error.

Edited by Tim K

We were warming up for show of shows, the first show of the year. They were on right before us, so they were finishing their warmup while we were getting our horn warmup underway. They turned their entire horn arc 180 degrees and played 1812 right at us while we were trying to warm up. Years after the fact, I brought it up in conversation with a guy who was on brass staff with crown at the time. His response was "yeah, that wasn't me. Sounds like Matt." Why would I make that up?

That's not exactly how that went down, but I don't know if I don't like that version better. :)

• Like 1

I don't like the Boston overtaking the Troopers DM thing.

Tonight that was planned as a joke about what allegedly happened a few nights ago.