July 2nd Boston Crusaders 75th Anniversary Contest

Either way, the whole Trooper DM moving slow thing is stupid, tradition be ######. If he wants to move slow, he should have no issue with other DMs taking over him and the announcers giving out scores before he reaches his spot.

It was funny when Velvet Knights did it. It's stupid when Troopers do it.

Well, we know a little more now, BD executes well but their show isn't very good, SCV looks like #5 but they always close well in the stretch, we'll know more sat night when they meet up with the Coats. Cadets have a much better show than BD and is some ways tougher to execute, I wouldn't read too much into the loss tonight against BD.

This sums up your post:

jump_to_conclusions_mat.jpg

• Like 3

Crown's placement was booed. Crown, BD, and Cadets were pretty close this evening and all three were very good, but Crown seemed to have a bit of an edge tonight in that the performance was on powerful, especially brass, and they appeared to me to be cleaner than we usually see them at this time of the year. The guard was amazing too, with excellent flag/rifle/saber manipulation, and with tons of alums of 27th, BAC, and North Star, all three of whom had great guards, especially 27th, this is appreciated. Cadets were good, but didn't have Crown's energy, and no doubt due to travel, the same was true of Blue Devils. Crown also has an excellent relationship with NE host communities, is a favorite in parades, and Crown folks let Boston area folks know that Boston is a favorite tour stop, so Crown feels the love here and the love is shown.

Now, as far as tomorrow in Bristol is concerned, that will be quite the show. Bad will be rested, no doubt Cadets will be on fire, and with Crown edging closer, it's anybody's guess. I know I should have said Crown will be on fire, but I've already made quite a few "hell of a show" comments, so I resisted.

Crown isn't performing in the Bristol show.

Crown isn't performing in the Bristol show.

You are correct and I edited the original post. Crown is listed by DCI for the parade. I suppose I could have used the excuse that since I wrote the post at 1AM I meant the parade on the 4th since 1AM would have been the 3rd, but I don't think Blue Devils are in the parade, so I'll just admit I thought it was the same roster minus Boston Crusaders. It will still be a great show.

Tonight that was planned as a joke about what allegedly happened a few nights ago.

Seems to me from a very nice Facebook post that the Troopers DM and the Boston DM were definitely friendly about the whole thing. It could very well have been planned.

I'm a big SCV fan, so my bias is getting in the way, but i really can't see SCV placing below 4th. The score tonight in my opinon reflected their weakest caption. I think they are much more likely to take 3rd come finals than to fall to 5th

It wasn't just one caption. GE Visual and VA fell from their scores in Olathe. And brass, obviously, has been one of their weaker captions for a few years now.

Quite a show last night! Anyone from that top 3 could have received the highest score with no complaints from here. Can't imagine how to judge such a group, when one tenth difference can change so much. I do believe Blue Devils are more vulnerable this season. Cadets are really solid, and Crown has upped its game for sure. Haven't seen Bluecoats or Vanguard. Mind boggling to realize all will improve over the coming weeks!

• Like 2

Either way, the whole Trooper DM moving slow thing is stupid, tradition be ######. If he wants to move slow, he should have no issue with other DMs taking over him and the announcers giving out scores before he reaches his spot.

That's an old-school thing. There used to be a "competition" to see which DM would be last arriving to the sideline. Not just one slow DM, but several.

It was annoying as all get out when you were in the retreat block, hot, sweaty, tired and sore. But the crowd got into it.

Nobody is hating.............comments were pretty consistent. Visual program is very solid, but the show needs more highs and lows, its the same intensity level the entire time. Something they can fix IMO......

I think it's a sign of the corps' growth that people on DCP are critiquing the Crossmen more than we are accustomed to. When the corps was in the 13th-18th range, very little was said. A few lines here are there and that was it.

It comes with territory that as a corps moves up, there is going to be more discussion about their performance and show design. Not all that discussion is going to be positive.

I actually like the singing. The singer is quite talented. I think end of the ballad is the highlight of the show and you could hear the crowd really loving that, but it doesn't go anywhere at the end. They do need to do something with the end of their show that they aren't doing now.

This is a good corps. In the rankings, they are sitting higher than they have in a long, long time. I think that position is deserved. But, it could be better. I think I prefer them to be in 10th and have all this critique than have them in 14th and barely get discussed in any way.

• Like 3

Crossmen haters

I'm a Crossmen alum so I assure you I'm not a hater. I LOVE that they are beginning to move back towards being a solid finalists rather than on the verge every year and will hopefully continue to build into a top-6 corps and eventually (dare I dream) contend for a title in the not-too-remote future. I really wanted to love the show but to me the whole middle section seemed very dull and seemed to be individual segments put together rather than a cohesive work.

On the plus side, I don't hate the uniforms anymore :smile:

Edited by cf144