Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

Okay so I have had it with certain people as to their assessment of the corps. Just to make myself clear I am going to tell you of my involvement with PR. I was a board member for 12years and now an emeritus board member. I have been involved with PR since the cadet days. I have been a volunteer for many years on the road and been actively involved in many areas. Some of you are so quick to critique the corps personnel when you do not know the whole story and make ridiculous assumptiopns. .I know how the corps works from every end and as all corps do we have are ups and downs. But some of you make vicious accusations and assumptions that are hurtful to the members, volunteers, staff and PR followers. You have a right to your opinion but when it is constructive not destructive.

Three of my children also marched with the corps, just an FYI.

Please think about what yoou say as it may come back to bite you in the ??????

Was I standing next to one of them here back n 92? (Just a wild guess as to who I think you might be...)

2A0D337B-2497-4386-B22D-5843BDC7B312_zps

If so, I think you're awesome.

As to the subject at hand: I think this is all overblown at the moment. I've never been shy about mentioning things I think the corps can improve upon but I think the doom and gloom here is a bit much right now. Time will tell, I guess. Let's see how they're doing come August. And I really hate to see alumni calling for the ousting of certain staff members. One in particular, who I think, along with Jim Wren and his arranging, had a LOT to do with establishing the corps' iconic sound that is so often referenced around here. Yes, I'm out of the loop now but this feels so weird to me.

• Like 1

Was I standing next to one of them here back n 92? (Just a wild guess as to who I think you might be...)

As to the subject at hand: I think this is all overblown at the moment. I've never been shy about mentioning things I think the corps can improve upon but I think the doom and gloom here is a bit much right now. Time will tell, I guess. Let's see how they're doing come August. And I really hate to see alumni calling for the ousting of certain staff members. One in particular, who I think, along with Jim Wren and his arranging, had a LOT to do with establishing the corps' iconic sound that is so often referenced around here. Yes, I'm out of the loop now but this feels so weird to me.

Last one aged out in 89. But I was on the road in 92 with the corps.

What is wrong with you people?...this sounds like nothing but gloom and doom drum corps...I haven't seen the show...but they have to be doing something right? yeesh

Contra feature is killer, guard is gorgeous and the drill is lovely.

I get that staff members (and MM's) come and go, but Regiment was once a trend setter - the past few years, not so much... and it's a shame (for whatever reasons)... I wish them all the best.

They were on the forefront in '81 & '82 with the original Spartacus theme idea. So much so, that the judges didn't know what to do!

Yeah, this all should really be taken with a grain of salt. Outside of here, I've heard almost nothing but positives about the corps from alums and fans alike. I get the feeling that there are a few on here who think that Regiment's last good year was 1955.
  • Like 2

i found myself liking the show. It's also July 7th. lots of time and tweaks are surely waiting.

percussion easily the best since Rennick left

• Like 3