They have several good YouTube videos in their BD360 series that explain the show. It's a show about children's fairy tales.

didn't even watch those and got it. How do I not understand cavies then???

Anyway the ending really shows that it's about the story coming out of the books and ending with the book closing.

Another BD show I love.

Central MO should change its nickname to the Mullets. Much more intimidating.

• Like 1

They have several good YouTube videos in their BD360 series that explain the show. It's a show about children's fairy tales.

didn't even watch those and got it. How do I not understand cavies then???

Anyway the ending really shows that it's about the story coming out of the books and ending with the book closing.

Another BD show I love.

Phantom Regiment

My first time getting a clear look at this show, although I've heard it more than once. The opening Eiffel Tower set is nice. I'm not sure about the opening lead guard member's hat. It seems to the be the year of little drill circles that follow the leader into or out of arcs/lines. All the French-accented female dialogue should be cut; it only detracts. The Champs street sign can probably go to; at the least play it down, since it suggests one of Velvet Knights' "Magical Mystery Tour" props more than anything else. Was that Sinatra singing "I Love Paris"? All I can think of is Meg Ryan singing "I Hate Paris" at the beginning of her comedy with Kevin Kline. (Not to mention an Ohio band last year--New Philadelphia?--that made a real hash of Sinatra.) Please drop the synth string patch from the start of "Clair de Lune". I don't object to the idea of rearranging classic works, but it has to be more memorable than this. For the first two thirds of the show, there's an awful lot of park and bark. Too bad the tubas cut out in the middle of the "American in Paris" soli: rewrite that so they play it through. I like the dance step the corps performs near the end of "American in Paris". All of the "I Love Paris" vocals except the very first one (which should be sung live) ought to be given to brass soloists: a trumpet the first time, a tuba the second time, etc. The drill in the Organ Symphony is highly effective, but what people have been saying about the organ sound is dead on. Also they need to get the various parts in that piece balanced. Still, it's the best part of the show which closes fairly well. I liked Cavs more, but I can't see this show falling below ninth.

• Like 1

Overall an enjoyable show. Too much clutter with poles and books and latters but the music wins me over so I guess I can overlook that.

BD came to play tonight! Great job! Cadets are gamers though. They aren't going quietly tonight. Fully expecting a back and forth slugfest with BD and Cadets. Loving it!!!

They're stuck with the Kpop, for better or for worse. Too much leading into and coming out of that section to make major changes now.

I disagree. Doesn't the drum feature come out of the kpop part? I mean it doesn't bother me at all but that would make it the easiest to change. And going into it is just the screamer dropping out and a synthetic bend up. I mean they could just drop the vocals and put this music from the shoe commercial.

This is the easiest BD show to understand since 2006, The books, the letters, the characters and even the music come from fairy tales coming to life out of the ink.

I actually think the K Pop section is fun. I have been a big BD dissenter in recent years, but they do so much right (and the contras actually march this year)

• Like 1