I'm having a hard time with Cadets show this year...

What is the theme? The Power of their 10 championships?

The Power of the 10th symphony? All of this together I'm sure. But I don't understand the underlying meaning.

The random numbers don't make much sense either, yes i know they're within the realm of "10". But saying random numbers doesn't do much for me.

And the high stepping in the ballad just...doesn't work, for lack of a better way to say it. Honestly I hate it with the beautiful hornline.

But with all that said, they are so #### good. The french horn soli feature, the drums, and that just incredible hornline are what keep me knowing this is a top 3 show.

Its interesting how all of our opinions differ. I think this is the most obvious and clear show design Ive seen from a corps in years. Its expressed musically in meter, show selections,visually, in numbers, through body movement, voiceover, in staging, etc.. Its just so #### clear, they basically hit you over the head with it. Maybe it's too obvious that sometimes makes it hard to see the forest for the trees. And they just perform so well..

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 1

I am appreciating the Cadets more, but I bet I would appreciate them even more if I knew anything about playing a horn! I just wish the guard was a bit better, but they are not bad.

• Like 1

Wow, Cadets! THAT was an ending!!! :exclamation:

Winner.

Edited by wvu80

Just got home to see the Cadets, now Crown and Vanguard!!!!

Cadets brought it tonight :) GJ

• Like 1

Cadets - Percussion and Brass..... SO FREAKIN' CLEAN.

Color Guard - You a hot mess!

• Like 2

There is no meaning. Lots of 10s. Kind of like lots of tilting.

I figured I'd get something to the effect of me being a homer, instead of an actual response...Honestly I think The Cadets are ahead of Bloo right now

I agree that Cadets show concept is kind of out there and dull as far as an entertaining abstract show goes, but the music and kids are so #### good I would be 100% ok with them winning gold.

• Like 1

I am amazed that someone could be chubby in a color guard while running around a football field all day when it is 90 degrees.

Wow. I'm amazed someone can be so rude.

• Like 4