1. The Cadets - a wonderful music book coupled with frenetic drill and a traditional look back at early 90s Cadets through a modern lens. The show theme really isn't important. Just watch and listen...pure joy of sight and sound in marching and playing. Perhaps not overly innovative (other than the 10 yard ballad), but then again too much is made of the need to "push" the activity. Perform, entertain, teach kids, travel and learn life lessons...repeat. Can easily win Gold.

The point you've bolded is what I kept saying about "Toy So(u)ldier" in 2010: ignore L'il Geoffrey--which was easy to do at a live performance--and it was a much better show. Nobody seemed to agree with me.

The point you've bolded is what I kept saying about "Toy So(u)ldier" in 2010: ignore L'il Geoffrey--which was easy to do at a live performance--and it was a much better show. Nobody seemed to agree with me.

Eh the show was a little bland musically too. Not to mention the awful amount of synth bass in the closer. Worse than SCV 09's closer in my opinion.

The tight competition between the two that season lead to the hash mark issue being more of an issue than it should have been. If it was the director of the Crossmen that wanted the field to be re lined, it would have hardly been an issue.

They would have told him to p*** off :cool:

• Like 1

unless I'm mistaken - you weren't even in the Rose Bowl - so you certainly can't "compare" the best

no one is saying every fan in Allentown is perfectly mannered - but the "crowd" is in general receptive, not drunk, doesn't boo and claps (at least politely) for all

no one is standing up screaming insults and large swaths of the crowd is laughing and clapping in response

no I wasn't. I've seen enough on here and talked to several people that were...and yes, they had some bad tales.

I also experienced some nastiness in Dallas and in Jackson too.

as for Allentown well......there IS a ton of tailgating. and yes, I have seen people stand up and yell insults at Allentown. One guy went after Teal's guitar players, and my wife, all 5'1" of her blasted him good.

• Like 1

The crowd at the Rose Bowl didn't become hostile because the Cadets threatened the "we can never lose" BDs. BD had come in 3rd, 4th, and 2nd (respectively) in finals in the three years prior to 2007 at the Rose Bowl. Back then, BD certainly wasn't in the period they are now where they rarely lose.

The crowd at the Rose Bowl became hostile after Hop wanted the field re-lined before Cadets went on, he pulled the corps off the field, and he reacted dramatically when Cadets were assessed the big timing penalty.

which was later revoked.

had he not "bowed" to the crowd when the booing started, it would have died out quickly. he got booed in the movie theater when he bowed too.

which was later revoked.

had he not "bowed" to the crowd when the booing started, it would have died out quickly. he got booed in the movie theater when he bowed too.

So you're calling for the operation of thousands of peoples' minds? You have no way of knowing whether or not it would have "died out quickly".

So you're calling for the operation of thousands of peoples' minds? You have no way of knowing whether or not it would have "died out quickly".

Well it does depend on which way he was facing when he bowed...
  • Like 1