As for me, I just find it hard to believe that high school marching bands have done the "banner over the band" thing for many years, while in drum corps, it only happens once in a blue moon. I wonder why this is?

Because it was overdone in the 80s and 90s by drum corps.

• Like 1

Yes. 15 mellophone/F horn players. I am part of a group that creates t shirts for Cadets mellos each year to honor a legendary Cadet who has passed on. This year's design has 15 French horns in it.

Thank you

Speaking of chubby, that hornline though.. Wow..

• Like 5

Dude it has NOTHING to do with Championships. The first piece is Shosty's 10th symphony.

I guess. It just feels a bit on the nose. I mean even your "X" avatar shows to the effect of what The Cadets have accomplished and it's super impressive. Something that should be definitely celebrated. But to act like that's not part of it seems a bit obtuse. But honestly who cares. This is one of the most impressive hornlines I've ever heard from The Cadets. Just wanted to get more insight on the show. Probably came about it the wrong way.

Even though this show is darker, it's "Crown dark", which is very different from, say, "Vanguard dark", "Phantom dark", or even "BK dark".

Flugel solo was better. Still struggling a bit. Need to move him back to the pit area.

Horns sounds good, but slightly tired to my ears. Of course, most corps would pay big money to sound like a tired Crown line. Still lots of fracking in the opener, mostly in trumpets, but some mellos too. Sometimes I think they are pushing too hard.

Edited by jwillis35

Wow. Crown.