Doin' the Charleston - Drums Across the Tri-State - Official Threa

If Phantom is within 1.5 points of BK, I'll be a happy camper. Loving BK's show this year though. This new direction is really working well for them.

• Like 3

If Phantom is within 1.5 points of BK, I'll be a happy camper. Loving BK's show this year though. This new direction is really working well for them.

I agree, their brass sound is very rich and unique.

Well, drum corps just made the local news for Drums Across the Tri-state! :thumbup:

Uh, sort of.

It seems WCHS channel 8 CBS out of Charleston just reported some "bands" are traveling across the nation, and just happen to be stopping by Charleston. Film was of Phantom practicing at Laidley Field, home of tonight's show.

"Bands?"

Drums Across the Tri State has been held since the 1980's, and has been in Charleston probably the last 10 years. It is a Phantom home show, making Phantom West Virginia's drum corps! :inlove:

But come on WCHS, "bands?" There is NO EXCUSE for not knowing Phantom is s DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS! :doh:

/RANT, uh /rant/

I guess it still drives me nuts. :crazy:

Edited by wvu80

Well, drum corps just made the local news for Drums Across the Tri-state! :thumbup:

Uh, sort of.

It seems WCHS channel 8 CBS out of Charleston just reported some "bands" are traveling across the nation, and just happen to be stopping by Charleston. Film was of Phantom practicing at Laidley Field, home of tonight's show.

"Bands?"

Drums Across the Tri State has been held since the 1980's, and has been in Charleston probably the last 10 years. It is a Phantom home show, making Phantom West Virginia's drum corps! :inlove:

But come on WCHS, "bands?" There is NO EXCUSE for not knowing Phantom is s DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS! :doh:

/RANT, uh /rant/

I guess it still drives me nuts. :crazy:

...but for the masses saying drum corps is marching band is MORE understandable....I've given up trying to explain the difference...besides the term bands or marching band is more descriptive anyway to those NOT in the know..I digress...

edit: sometimes I just describe drum corps as "marching band on steroids"...to the unitiated

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

...but for the masses saying drum corps is marching band is MORE understandable....I've given up trying to explain the difference...besides the term bands or marching band is more descriptive anyway to those NOT in the know..I digress...

edit: sometimes I just describe drum corps as "marching band on steroids"...to the unitiated

What's the old saying? There's no good publicity or bad publicity...there is only publicity.

This is a good thing. But I get the sentiment.

As of the 2014 rule change, I always call drum corps "marching band without woodwinds" by default.

Phantom is saying show is delayed to allow the field to drain and warm-up time. Step off at 8:35.

https://www.facebook.com/regiment/posts/10153183258633668

At least they will be able to play a show. Better late than never.