7. Colts

8. Crown

9. Madison

10. BK

11. Bloo

12. Cavies

I have my reasons

No explanation neccessary, Mr. Hughes.

You just call 'em as you see 'em... and thats enough for the nite !

Edited by BRASSO

Y'know I was waiting for the show to start tonight when I saw quite a few posts on FB by some really jerky crown fans that just could not stand that DCI did a story on BD winning the previous night?!?!?! Your kids have not even entered Allentown by this time I a sure.

OK I get it. You love your marching members. YOU have won ONCE! 1 time, Uno, Singular. Yet they act like they own the activity all of a sudden.

I remember in the early 70's when BD members wore Boston Crusaders shirts under their uniforms and could not wait to even rub shoulders with the mighty Vanguard or the Commadores or the Knight Raiders.

It took 5 or 6 championships to start getting confident about consistently winning.

This is why we don't like you. M'kay?

Why don't you take it up with the high school kids on Facebook rather than using it as an excuse to (yet again) bash Crown fans here? That way you can get your point across and maybe they will get it as they will be hearing it from someone on their own maturity level.

• Like 3

Because DCI is all about who wins, right?

If I had my way, nobody would win this year. I don't think anyone has a show worthy of a gold medal, when compared to the past 15 years' worth of DCI.

There are a bunch of 2nd and 3rd place shows this year, but nobody has a true championship worthy show. But, one corps will end up with a gold anyways.

It just makes me appreciate the scoring and results less, and all of the other enjoyable aspects of drum corps all the more.

Again, can't wait until Friday. I get to see 25 corps. Restrooms be ######, I'll wear depends. Sorry in advance to whoever has to sit near me.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

Because DCI is all about who wins, right?

If I had my way, nobody would win this year. I don't think anyone has a show worthy of a gold medal, when compared to the past 15 years' worth of DCI.

There are a bunch of 2nd places shows this year, but nobody has a true championship worthy show. But, one corps will end up with a gold anyways.

I usually give you a pass. But that is absolutely RIDICUOUS. Seriously? Guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but saying no one is deserving. Wow. That's a new one. I and MANY others see 3 - 4 shows that are incredibly deserving. I see one that continually finds unique ways to present themes and idioms in a unique perspective, one that absutely oozes with emotion and intensity, one that is just pure drum corps essence, and one that is in mine and any others, the freshest thing on the field in a long time. I guess if you wanna think that, fine. But wow. That's new. Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

My statement wasn't meant to be intentionally rude or insulting. It's also not directed toward the members.

It's just a result of logic according to my opinions towards the show designs. If that makes any kind of sense.

I just don't think any of these top 4 programs could have competed with many of the winning programs in the last few years.

Name one winning program since 1998 even, that might have lost to one of these top 4 of this season. I can't think of one. This is why the scores are so low. You can call it spreads, or you can call it a "reset" based on a corps last year almost breaking the scale, but I doubt the winning corps this coming Saturday will break 97.5 +/- .25.

I don't think they're bad shows, I just think this season the design took a step back in a lot of the top 12 corps. Maybe it's to find a "new normal" given the 99.65 last season.

Design staffs are searching for new ways to express ideas and to compete at the same time. It's not easy to do that, so to find that combination, new ideas have to be tried.

Even SCV staff has put something fresh on the field.

I think a new era of DCI has arrived. I think we're going to see a lot more variety in the way show ideas and concepts are realized and communicated. I think we're also going to see a lot more fresh, new ideas and artistry.

It's going to better the activity and draw in more fans. I bet we're going to see some shows in the next 4-5 years that will be worthy of Pulitzer prizes.

But as far as this season, it's growing pains for what we're going to see soon.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

Why don't you take it up with the high school kids on Facebook rather than using it as an excuse to (yet again) bash Crown fans here? That way you can get your point across and maybe they will get it as they will be hearing it from someone on their own maturity level.

The only thing you forgot was "m'kay?" (If there was a 'love' button for your post I would click it)

OK.. this is how I am calling it...

1. Blue Devils (And I think they will open a gap over second as well)

2. Bluecoats

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. SCV

6. Blue Knights

7. Cavies

8. Phantom

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison

11. Bones

12. Boston

• Like 1