Staff changes 2016

I'm hoping there isn't a ton of movement this year in the staffs. The only one I'd say needs an "overhaul" is Regiment.

A lot of folks are naming Cavaliers - but personally I loved the show, and the week (ten days?) of illness impact played a big role in their finish this season

Cadets have already announced both music staffs and drill writer and all arrangers will return. They need to bring some young talent into the guard staff - especially choreography.

Crown is set IMO - give the percussion aspect another year. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I personally thought they were A LOT better this year

BD is set obviously

SCV had a great season and seems set

BK had a great season and seems set

Bluecoats had a great season and seems set

Madison, Crossmen, Boston, Troopers etc all had great seasons and seem set.

I'm personally hoping for a lot of stability - other than folks just moving on for personal reasons...

Onto 2016!

• Like 1

I'm hoping there isn't a ton of movement this year in the staffs. The only one I'd say needs an "overhaul" is Regiment.

A lot of folks are naming Cavaliers - but personally I loved the show, and the week (ten days?) of illness impact played a big role in their finish this season

Cadets have already announced both music staffs and drill writer and all arrangers will return. They need to bring some young talent into the guard staff - especially choreography.

Crown is set IMO - give the percussion aspect another year. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I personally thought they were A LOT better this year

BD is set obviously

I'm personally hoping for a lot of stability - other than folks just moving on for personal reasons...

Onto 2016!

The only thing with Phantom is it seems like there is a revolving door these days with their staff, I know you need to get the right people in there, but at the same time consistency is a great thing.

• Like 1

Cavies brass has improved tremendously. The sound they've developed the past two years is a lot more favorable to my ears than the sound they had in the early 2000's

Agreed. They had a mature sound this year.

BD is set obviously

Onto 2016!

Crown- percussion arranger?

Cadets-guard caption head and think they need to add a new creative person to the mix. They need some new eyes design wise. Amazing group there BUT their design is not stunning anymore. When you win percussion, brass and music in semis and place 4th, you need to look at your design team.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

I really really loved Cavaliers show the last two years and this year the brass was great! Loved the Bruckner and closer was incredible. I am sure those 10 days or so really hurt them. I was hoping to see them in 6th. I am looking for BK to start making a move toward the top 5.

I really really loved Cavaliers show the last two years and this year the brass was great! Loved the Bruckner and closer was incredible. I am sure those 10 days or so really hurt them. I was hoping to see them in 6th. I am looking for BK to start making a move toward the top 5.

Corps in previous years have gotten sick and pulled out of shows while being successful by finals. Crown in 09 got second and blue stars moved to 9th. Those two are the last ones I remember sitting out due to sickness. Can we stop using that as a reason they dropped? They performed the show well but the design wasn't good. Bring in a new design team. I am far from a cavies fan but the design for some of their recent shows were hit or miss.
  • Like 1

BD is set obviously

Onto 2016!

A new program coordinator and colorguard caption head, and percussion caption head may be needed. Not sure if anything else needs to be cleaned up.

• Like 1

The only thing I have to say about Phantom is I think there needs to be some fresh blood creating the ideas for the shows. This year turned out fine, they sold the living hell out of that show, just think all it's gonna take is the right show for this staff for them to jump back into the mix for around 5th or so. They have some great names working for them now. Just don't do another retread next year.

• Like 3

The only thing I have to say about Phantom is I think there needs to be some fresh blood creating the ideas for the shows. This year turned out fine, they sold the living hell out of that show, just think all it's gonna take is the right show for this staff for them to jump back into the mix for around 5th or so. They have some great names working for them now. Just don't do another retread next year.

I agree with you. Both Phantom and Madison had very unimpressive shows when I saw them early in the season and both performed the hell out of them. Bravo to the kids and techs for getting that clean and emotional.
  • Like 1