Staff changes 2016

I kinda hope fairbanks is actually leaving. I have never been a fan of his drill, with the Stars or with other groups. That being said, this year was a notch up from what I expected from him.

*Kevin Ford to the Blue Stars*

Ill be sad to see them leave. I don't think the marching was executed to match the drill difficulty. It was hard drill this year and people not in dots hurt the visual numbers and GE numbers. If they were to leave and rumors are true I'd say go for Marc Sylvester for drill because he has had great success with colts on cleaning feet and drill. For music they could try to get frank Sullivan back. That percussion section hopefully stays together because Mapes and Grom are just amazing at what they do in all circuits.

Saucedo is not going back to Cavaliers. Pretty certain they are going different directions entirely. Giving a new design team the chance to help rebuild to a higher competitive level could be good for them moving forward.

Saucedo is not going back to Cavaliers. Pretty certain they are going different directions entirely. Giving a new design team the chance to help rebuild to a higher competitive level could be good for them moving forward.T

They seem to have one KILLER of a Brass staff that really brought that hornline leaps and bounds from where they have been. That brass book imho was too #### good. I can see big things coming from that Hornline next year.

I honestly hope Cavaliers' brass staff stays mostly intact. They've really done a nice job the last couple years slowly building a very good program. I think the corps getting The Plague didn't do them any favors this summer, and I wouldn't hold that against them not maxing out the show (I liked it, and really like the direction they are going musically).

• Like 1

Cavies brass has improved tremendously. The sound they've developed the past two years is a lot more favorable to my ears than the sound they had in the early 2000's

• Like 1

John MacKay, former head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs, was once quoted as saying "it's a good idea" when asked about his team's execution. We'll see a few familiar names fade into the sunset this season while at the same time hearing new additions.

Saucedo is not going back to Cavaliers. Pretty certain they are going different directions entirely. Giving a new design team the chance to help rebuild to a higher competitive level could be good for them moving forward.

You know, he used to work pretty effectively alongside Bret Kuhn...

I kinda hope fairbanks is actually leaving. I have never been a fan of his drill, with the Stars or with other groups. That being said, this year was a notch up from what I expected from him.

*Kevin Ford to the Blue Stars*

I liked what he did in 2014 around the props, that coulda been a disaster with other writers. However in 2013 and 2015, not a fan. 2013 did its job and got them back into finals. This year, I, and the GE Visual scores agree, was not what they needed with an obviously very talented corps. TONS of rewrites the whole season and they could never clean them in time. Woulda been nice not to have those rewrites in the first place. Beginning of the show. End of the opener. Most of the ballad. Drum feature. End of the closer.

For a corps coming off of dropping out of finals in 2013, he was good. VERY talented indoor writer. But this year the visual program and some performance killed them. If Marc Sylvester is floating around......................GRAB HIM and look at the visual staff. I hope they make some good choices next year. This year wasn't bad, but it's not hard to wonder what if................

• Like 1