Staff changes 2016

After 18 years as program coordinator Scott Koter retires from the Cavaliers.

Per twitter and Cavaliers.org

Yeah, I knew about that one. All I can say is YAY!

It will be interesting to see who they choose as their Executive Director shortly.

Hoping, wishing, and praying that Mr. Gaines could come back to the organization. I bet he'd be a great Program Coordinator.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Glad for who's leaving Regiment, but who will they get to replace them? Who'd even want to come there?

They also need a new program coordinator. Someone who can bring a fresh perspective and not be encumbered by creative or administrative restrictions.

Still though...who would come?

Wait: Is it now official that Don Hill and the visual staff are leaving?

For Phantom to make strides in the positive direction it's not only the staff that needs a major overhaul, but the board appears to be stacked in a certain direction. For staff changes to be made a board shakeup needs to happen as well. It would seem that if the board members were truly concerned they would take a hard look at a new direction For the board

So there it's been said.

I would think to 06 myself.

and I taught a kid who marched there. someone else said in this thread...the problem with Phantom runs far deeper than who writes the shows.

oh and for Crossmen, they need to find someone who can be the person that makes they never have heart attack penalties again on semis day

• Like 1

Glad for who's leaving Regiment, but who will they get to replace them? Who'd even want to come there?

They also need a new program coordinator. Someone who can bring a fresh perspective and not be encumbered by creative or administrative restrictions.

Still though...who would come?

Take it this was in an email or something.

Yeah, I knew about that one. All I can say is YAY!

It will be interesting to see who they choose as their Executive Director shortly.

Hoping, wishing, and praying that Mr. Gaines could come back to the organization. I bet he'd be a great Program Coordinator.

I mean the man was basically the program coordinator when he was writing the drill, whatever he wanted or wanted to try got put in.

• Like 1

I mean the man was basically the program coordinator ( ...sic - at the Cavaliers) when he was writing the drill, whatever he wanted or wanted to try got put in.

EXACTLY. ...and they were all the better for it.

m

I'm surprised with the Phantom music team there that they haven't made a pitch to put JD's brass team back together. That group won a championship and came very close to winning several Ott trophies in the process. There are some incredible teachers still in DCI from that group and would be a logical fit to help get SCV back into the upper echelon of the brass programs. Top 4 is just too good right now.

They'd be smart to get help from the alums that are professional musicians like Peter Bond of the Metropolitan Opera and Robert Nunez of the Louisiana Philharmonic. Mr. Nunez has helped the Louisiana Stars get off the a great start!

Sullivan is a guy who can work very well in both the marching band world (just won a BOA title, right?) and in drum corps.

I'd also take a design staff "wife swap" with the entire current Blue Stars design staff. While I think the show this year is pretty silly, it's well integrated and capable of differing levels of sophistication depending on how you want to view it. Much like last year.

I'd also "settle" for begging JD Shaw back. I'm starting a twitter campaign. #PleaseJD

Won't happen. Too many personal issues there.

EXACTLY. ...and they were all the better for it.

What do you think the chances are of his return?