Staff changes 2016

Take it this was in an email or something.

Take it for what it is....Hatoration. I will wait until the organization makes staff announcements, until then.....it's a bunch of arm chair corps directors trying to feel important.

OUCH. :shutup:

Their shows the past 3 years have really put them on a good track, like them or not. Buckingham made huge strides with the brass, ESPECIALLY this year. Visual design was KILLER (watch their show on a high cam, it's non stop and HARD, and performed well). Hope they can replace them...........those are some big names they lost.

...I really dig Sully's drills, maybe because I teach so much PYWARE it's refreshing to *not* see it...hehe...I've teched for him a few times and, yes, it's hard stuff and cleans late in the season, as a rule. I really dug this year's show, but had a problem with focus; being an olde VK-type it was, and *is,* a primal matter of directing the attention of your audience...all about commo. This was especially obvious on the telecast where they were giving us big doses of the *voices* behind the performers on the field (to our detriment as viewers...well, if we wanted to watch the drum corps on the field, that is)...point being that even the video guys were challenged focus-wise. All this said, that was a really strong drum corps out there, and losing Sully *and* Chuck can't be a positive, at least in the short-term. We'll see!

• Like 1

It seems to me that the same persons who will not be returning to Colts staff for 2016 have been on a revolving door of corps staffs if one takes a ten year long view of each. It would lead a HR person in reviewing the situation to ask, "Is it the situation, the organization, or the individual?"

Edited by xandandl

SOA director out. He just posted on FB

It seems to me that the same persons who will not be returning to Colts staff for 2016 have been on a revolving door of corps staffs if one takes a ten year long view of each. It would lead a HR person in reviewing the situation to ask, "Is it the situation, the organization, or the individual?"

I hear you. However, if you're a corps like the Colts and you're approaching playing on Saturday night, you have to ask as an organization "do I put up with a little <attitude, or whatever it might be>, within reason, to make finals?" You look at success and say "should I try to make sure this person stays happy?" Perhaps the answer was "no" in this case.

But I don't know what I'm talking about, as I thought Sylvester leaving BK was going to be bad news for that corps...

Jude Boughton confirming that he's not returning to Phantom Regiment next season.

A little unfortunate since I do not think visual was that big of an issue this year.

A little unfortunate since I do not think visual was that big of an issue this year.

I suspect he played a significant role in the conceptual design.

(otherwise I generally agree about the visual design)

Edited by kdaddy

Good gracious. His rant about the guard score. Not professional to put on FB!

Saw this as well: "Tim Newburn And this is exactly why I retired. It wore me to the bone. You say the sheet is about integration, coordination, musicality and excellence and yet what you actually reward is something very different. While it's frustrating to the adults, it's devastating to the performers."

So is he gone, too?

Edited by phd-student-TTU

I suspect he played a significant role in the conceptual design.

(otherwise I generally agree about the visual design)

Well in that case, the change could be a positive thing. Do you know how evenly distributed influences are/were among Farrel, Earnhart, and Boughton?