Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

Hopkins definitely hyped it up and even said it was part of the design philosophy as part of the shows evolution. Obviously they thought it would have an impact but it hasn't really (at least not a good one, score wise). As a fan, I love them. From a competition standpoint, I think other corps have a much better late season strategy from year to year than the Cadets (see the banners last year), and the scores are reflecting that. This is a championship corps through and through, but the design choices (or lack of effective ones late season) may cost them.

• Like 1

Can you imagine the mocking that would be hurled at them if they did go back (and rightfully so, given the hype they built up around the change)? Honestly, it's absolutely the right thing to stick with the change, for good or ill.

Sometimes your a better person for admitting that you might have been wrong...to make a mistake is only an error in judgment...but to adhere to the mistake when it is discovered just shows infirmity of character IMO...Was it a mistake? I don't know...

• Like 1

There is also an entire digital "history book" on The Cadets organization literally dating back to 1934.

I read that a few years ago...not sure if it has been updated...BUT what an awesome read!

If that's the case, why wait until three shows before finals week to make the change? Why not roll out in June with them? This is what makes no sense about the late season change...and I'm totally unconvinced Jeff knew this was coming when he the drill.

The original color scheme was planned. Fall colors, foliage, October being the 10th month.

The black color scheme was planned. Black palate to highlight the neon, being the 10th element.

You don't just order 100 some odd black uniforms on a whim. The decision was made well before spring training. I can't imagine anyone would keep their ####### drill writer in the dark about such a change.

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 2

Can you imagine the mocking that would be hurled at them if they did go back (and rightfully so, given the hype they built up around the change)? Honestly, it's absolutely the right thing to stick with the change, for good or ill.

don't see anything on recaps about black uniforms..I DO see shortfall on GE and Guard...hmmmmm I wonder if that could be the problem ?? Whole thing makes me want to.. :throwupen:

If you asked 100 fans in the stands to explain Garfield's show,

If you asked 100 fans about Garfield's show, they would tell you there is no Garfield drum corps. You are smart enough to know that, so that comment is low level trolling and detracts from your otherwise brilliant points. :doh::smile:

not one of them would mention the 10th element in the periodic table. This is what show designers are designing to & around? I call that overthinking your show design. The black unis look awful.

This. ^^^

I agree with everything else you said. :thumbup:

Edited by wvu80

My grandmother was named Marion, and today would have been her 100th birthday. She was a big drum corps fan also. though she would have favored the West Reading Police Cadets over Garfield.

• Like 1