Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

Since the black is to highlight the neon colors, with neon being the 10th element in the periodic table, that would sort of screw up that connection.

The problem being that they are accentuating their weakest caption while de-accentuating their strengths

• Like 6

If a Cadet lost his lovely Marion, will some trickets of gold bring her back ?

Who knows... but for years its been known that diamonds are a girls best friend.

WHAT?!?!?!

• Like 2

WHAT?!?!?!

I read the title of the thread, and found out that it appears that a Cadet is being requested to go back to his lovely Marion. But it appears she won't take him back.

The Corps must all be in mourning for the loss of the Cadet's Marion.... as they're all in black now.

Will some gold be in the picture for Marion now... or is the Cadet still red about it all ?

Edited by BRASSO

They were already starting to drag behind Crown and BD before the switch, so I think it has less to do with uniforms and more to do with Crown putting an effective ending on a show which had had a rotten one until recently and BD continuing their usual approach of layering so confusing parts of the show started making real sense at the end.

Everyone has been calling the Bluecoats show "revolutionary" all season, so them gathering steam as their performance level increased can't be a huge shock either. (Also, see 2014.)

That said, the uniform debate is really about the pants (and the plumes, to a lesser extent). The jackets and the guard uniforms are no big deal. They are largely a tonal variation of what was already there. Going from light to dark pants, however, is a significant change to the emphasis point of the show. If they didn't anticipate how it would alter the effect, I'm not sure why they wouldn't have. I have to feel it has been a bit jarring for the judges, this late in the game. They had been evaluating and rewarding a specific package for months, and then suddenly things they knew to look for are harder to see, while other things they hadn't noticed jump out. It's almost like starting from square one. Meanwhile the competing, familiar shows are getting stronger, so it is easy to reward them. It is one thing to add a late season enhancement (see Crown's gold banner and BD's big pens), but another to throw a curveball that can alter the overall perception.

Since the black is to highlight the neon colors, with neon being the 10th element in the periodic table, that would sort of screw up that connection.

I find it extremely hard to believe that 3 placements can be gained by changing uniforms. Wouldn't everyone have the "magic uniform" if that were the case?

If I recall, Phantom Regiment won DCI in all black and Carolina Crown is darn near all black and seem to be doing fine with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Cadets wearing cream pants all this time is one of the gutsy things I love about them. It's harder to clean but they've stuck with it.

Look what they won with in 2005 and 2011. Clearly it isn't just about the pants.

If you asked 100 fans in the stands to explain Garfield's show, not one of them would mention the 10th element in the periodic table. This is what show designers are designing to & around? I call that overthinking your show design. The black unis look awful.

• Like 2

If memory serves, there actually was a corps called the Marion Cadets.

• Like 1

If memory serves, there actually was a corps called the Marion Cadets.

Yup...from Marion Ohio.

• Like 1