Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

If you asked 100 fans in the stands to explain Garfield's show, not one of them would mention the 10th element in the periodic table.

Not only that, but 95 out of that 100 would look at you in complete puzzlement and bewilderment and ask you.... " who the helll is Garfield " ?

• Like 2

Not only that, but 95 out of that 100 would look at you in complete puzzlement and bewilderment and ask you.... " who the helll is Garfield " ?

They will always be Garfield to me.

Especially considering Garfield is a 90 minute drive from Allentown, and in another state.

They will always be Garfield to me.

This whole dam topic could be rectified if GH simply changed the name itself to the Marion Cadets.

Besides, we need another Marion Cadets.. no matter what the colors of their duds are.

Actually even new members are schooled in the Holy Name/ Garfield roots, even back to the church

I am glad to hear this.

• Like 1

Actually even new members are schooled in the Holy Name/ Garfield roots, even back to the church

There is also an entire digital "history book" on The Cadets organization literally dating back to 1934.

• Like 2

Can you imagine the mocking that would be hurled at them if they did go back (and rightfully so, given the hype they built up around the change)? Honestly, it's absolutely the right thing to stick with the change, for good or ill.

To quote bugs bunny "eh what a maroon" lol

• Like 1

Same reaction. People are forgetting what an incredible show they have this year, like the uniforms or not. Time to remember what is really important.

I agree the show is very good, and capable of winning. I also know there have been shows I've loved with uniforms that are not to my liking, and some have been championship shows, the show is so mesmerizing I've overlooked the uniforms. However, when I saw them in Allentown, I could not really see them. There is not enough contrast. I took photos as did people around me (I have a Nikon D7000, a good camera) and my photos were fine but someone with a similar camera (a Canon) found their light meter thrown off which is due to too much black in the lighting conditions (I saw her other photos, and they were amazing, so she knows her camera). A field photographer told me he had to change settings throughout the show, presumably for the same reason. If I didn't know the show, I would have missed quite a bit. It sounds like the same was true in Massilon and Buffalo. I attributed it to lighting. Black is not the best for a dark sky and stadium lights. However, with the lighting of Lucas Oil Stadium, which in the end will be what matters, the black could work well, and this change could be calculated for that reason.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1