DCI in Indy through 2028

Not surprised. We ALL would like to see this 'thing' grow into a national attraction for general audiences. That means TV. Conditions indoor are much too important in making SERIOUS growth happen. Really, the best choice all around.

• Like 2

Good for DCI. Bad for those fans who actually enjoy going to new cities for Finals. I am very displeased by this announcement. Looks like the primary DCI schedule is on lockdown for another 10 years. Regions, major shows and Finals all set. One would think taking your product to new markets would help expand the market. I guess not. Oh well, at least in Indy there are not too many things to distract me from drhm corps.

This is a pretty big bummer, actually.

Moving around the country allowed different fans the opportunity to see the groups at their best. Bringing in a World Championship event to a city was a positive moment for all involved. I get that some folks are saying that weather and possible television deals all point to having an indoor Championships event, I get that. It's just that now there are a lot of fans along both coastal lines that may never get to see a World Championship eent due to it being cost prohibitive.

Meh.

Denver and California were such great Finals events not to mention all the other fantastic venues over the years.

....same as it ever was...

• Like 3

Not surprised. We ALL would like to see this 'thing' grow into a national attraction for general audiences. That means TV. Conditions indoor are much too important in making SERIOUS growth happen. Really, the best choice all around.

I know of at least a couple of times at outdoor venues,Mississippi comes to mind,where the weather almost forced DCI into a rain delay.

Not good since this was when they were still doing a live T.V. broadcast.

I also remember attending a Finals in Buffalo where it poured unitl about an hour or two before Finals started.

The field was the older synthetic turf,that the corps described as being like marching on ice.

Being in a dome has a number of advantages over outdoor venues.Knowing weather won't be a factor is a big help for show designers and provides a better experience for the fans.

I know some people have issues with acoustics,but ,I would think,knowing where you'll you'll be playing at Finals ,should allow show designers to work this into their arrangements

From my experience going to Finals,you don't see a lot of "locals" just deciding to go,so I don't see staying in Indy as a negative.

For years, Indianapolis has billed itself as the Amateur Athletics Capital of the World. They're 'kinda into this type of convention. More than likely, local support is too good to pass up. DCI gets to be a 'big fish in a big city.' Much better than a minnow someplace else.

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1

Just my opinion: Those who want DCI Finals in different cities just want to travel and are using DCI as their convenient excuse. So be it.

I like to be in a place where I know where everything is and won't get lost/be late. I'm at Finals to support the kids (ALL the kids), help out where needed, and watch as many shows as I can.

I'm happy with DCI's decision.

Just my $0.02.

• Like 3