OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

He also pronounced Willie's name wrong at his last DCI show ever. Argggh!

His name is really Willie? I would think when he turned 13, they start calling him Wil...He's great though. Lots of energy and looks like a great leader.. Edited by Tobias

In case there were any doubts that Prosperie is awesome, here's the Phantom hat recovery (posted by the kid himself!)

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.norman.923/posts/1046120302066394

• Like 3

You DO remember that those "scores" were about as accurate as Helen Keller deciding between 2 colors, right??

Someone probably hacked the site.

hacking is still an electronic problem...... in fact, implications are hacking could become a bigger issue with overzealous supporters. The SCV opening formation of coils could become a "bug zapper" Brandt: "Oh, the humanity !!!!!".... (I did NOT compare those released scores to the actual scores...... I also missed any post that revealed the inaccuracy)

Second, once they edit a single note they might as well replace as much of the show with prelims or semi-finals as they please. It's either a true record of the performance or it isn't.

Tell that to 1989 BD or 2011 Phantom (both edited on the official video)

His name is really Willie? I would think when he turned 13, they start calling him Wil.

Maybe he's a fan of classic country music.

First of all, what DVD?

Second, once they edit a single note they might as well replace as much of the show with prelims or semi-finals as they please. It's either a true record of the performance or it isn't.

Is the purpose of the DVD journalism or entertainment?

What if they referred to the DVD (if/when it actually appears) as the "Championships" DVD rather than the "Finals" DVD?

Someone else mentioned BD 1989. On the Legacy DVD, you can see and hear the original Finals performance with the fracked solos. I never had the original VHS, so I don't know how that was issued. But I do have the original two-disc "1989 DCI World Championships" CD, featuring the top twelve corps, and its liner notes explicitly state "All or portions of these recordings were produced on Thursday, August 17; Friday, August 18; or Saturday, August 19, 1989."

I know I'd certainly rather listen to the version with the solo performed cleanly.

• Like 2

and the crazy pants post of the year goes to: "Id rather come in in the middle of the pack with honor and integirty then lie and cheat my way to false titles that noone respects."

Someone else mentioned BD 1989. On the Legacy DVD, you can see and hear the original Finals performance with the fracked solos. I never had the original VHS, so I don't know how that was issued. But I do have the original two-disc "1989 DCI World Championships" CD, featuring the top twelve corps, and its liner notes explicitly state "All or portions of these recordings were produced on Thursday, August 17; Friday, August 18; or Saturday, August 19, 1989."

I've only ever seen the live broadcast of 89, which had the frak. Presumably they used that for the legacy DVD. The 89 CD's have the (clean) semis version edited in, which I also prefer listening to.

The 2011 PR video has a snippet of semis edited in at the very end where the guard member prepares to stab herself (at finals, she ... um .. chose to do something different)