Carolina Crown 2016

I'm just speaking personally here, but knowing that two groups are really close and then watching to see who really brings their best performance is a high point for the competitive side of DCI. Obviously a lot of times captions are not close ("Gee, I wonder if BD will 10-peat in guard this year?") but it's still exciting when they are competitive.

I don't feel like "well there are four really good drum lines and I guess we'll just see which one they pick" is more exciting than "SCV won prelims and Cadets won semis, but BD could still pull it out with a good number tonight". YMMV.

As for the interest level after the season, there are recaps going back decades on FromThePressbox. How often have you read any of them other than for finals? I don't expect it's going to be much different for the season just completed. ("Oh, look, Phantom was 3rd in brass in Middle-Of-Nowhere, Nebraska on July 17th!")

I think we can agree to disagree on the first point :smile:

As for interest after the season, I don't think anyone can REALLY say what interest will actually be like because we are in the unique position of not seeing ANY recaps until the end of the season. I'm sure lots of people will be interested in seeing how BK was scoring in the early season. If any surges occur this year from certain corps, I'm sure people would like to see what captions with which those surges occurred. I personally think there will be plenty of offseason chatter about recaps once all things are said and done.

من فمك لباب السما ياختي

Sis!

I have a feeling Crown will post a 75+ tonight. Just call it a hunch :cool:

That's a solid hunch. Agreed. They had some visual issues that were pretty glaring at least on the DCI Live feed. But they are playing better. Percussion blend and balance and sound quality is really quite good. And that is one hard brass book...very little let up there.

Great job tonight, Crown!!!

• Like 2