Carolina Crown 2016

Now as part of the fantasy, George Dixon agrees to pay the licensing fees so that Crown can do this show and makes a deal with the mfgr. for each of these big horns appropriate to Crown's excellent horn line standards. Let's see that's 32 times a minimum of the usual $5K per new marching tuba plus the licensing royalties while still maintaining his largesse to Cadets and his donation to his newest heart throb, the Coats, .....................................................hey, he might be the new Bill Cook!

Hey if they play this show I agree to pay the licensing fees :)

They have a brass sponsor - so they'd be cut a good loan/deal on the horns. Besides 150K for that boom boom is well worth it :)

Hey if they play this show I agree to pay the licensing fees :)

They have a brass sponsor - so they'd be cut a good loan/deal on the horns. Besides 150K for that boom boom is well worth it :)

Kevin Smith, Jim Cronin...now hear this!

Better send Doug Maederr over to twist a few arms so that no one forgets this bravado. Breaking kids hearts by breaking promises isn't nice. :tounge2:

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

this has actually been done by BOA bands and indoor units - very cool effect. There is a harness that they buckle into and the pole is counterbalanced. Very cool vertical effect also - an interesting behind the scenes video from the composer - describing it as a Rock Opera

One thing we had to keep in mind when we did it in BOA was the height restrictions. I am not sure if there are any in DCI (haven't thought to check) but this would be a point of concern if this idea was actually adapted by a corps.

• Like 1

One thing we had to keep in mind when we did it in BOA was the height restrictions. I am not sure if there are any in DCI (haven't thought to check) but this would be a point of concern if this idea was actually adapted by a corps.

There are no height, weight restrictions to march DCI ( there are gender restrictions with 2 DCI Corps, but thats for another thread discussion, perhaps). As for prop restrictions on height, weight, if it can be carried in some fashion onto and off the field in the time allotted, it can be as heavy and as tall as a Corps wants it to be.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

There are no height, weight restrictions to march DCI ( there are gender restrictions with 2 DCI Corps, but thats for another thread discussion, perhaps). As for prop restrictions on height, weight, if it can be carried in some fashion onto and off the field in the time allotted, it can be as heavy and as tall as a Corps wants it to be.

However, it is said by some that a certain few corps have a body-mass-index limitation which may be effecting how tall one is or what one weighs.

If not, groups like "Body by Drum Corps" or "DCI Physique" wouldn't exist.

Well, the 2016 season has officially begun! Plane ticket booked for the November camp for our marching member!

I have it on very good personal authority from someone I know that he has already booked his flights to finals as a major airline is running a sale which keeps the airfare to/from Indy under $300 RT...and he used the voucher they gave him from last year when he volunteered his seat!! win, win, unless DCI pulls a Denver or Bloomington change on us again.

Edited by xandandl