2105 Post Finals Sale Thread

bac2015.jpg

It was @crownbaridad who drew my attention to them initially. I believe he's also a fencer.

Yep...that's him with an epee in his avatar. We've already touched base that way!

As others have said -- BAC.

They looked like real foils, French grip. When I first saw them on a DCI Live webcast, they looked like plain foils you'd practice with. Later in the season, I think they taped them (like they do the guard sabers) maybe so they would show up better from the field.

I would have to agree re the taping. one reason you see epee commercials a lot (Tim Morehouse's Chase ones aside) is that the blade's big enough to see (witness the (96 O-Games IBM commercial. What's sad is I recognized one of them was Gago Demerchian right off!).

They definitely bend like the real thing...and NOW, of course, I'm wondering who the bought them from...probably Blade.

Actually surprised they didn't go the stage sabre route for visibility (epee blade on a sabre guard/grip), but they probably couldn't do the above bending as easily.

Kinda reminds me of 97 Crown...the guard wore fake fencing masks for a portion of the show. I think one of the guard had fenced and suggested it, although real masks would be too heavy.

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1

For Sale: Portable cardboard army. Each soldier comes on a cart for easy transport. Suitable for guarding your tomb for all of eternity, or for middle-of-night placement on front lawn of rude neighbor. Approximately 80 pieces.

Seeing as how I was unable to watch any shows this year...who was this?

In real life, I'm a fencing equipment vendor, armorer, and instructor.,..so this caught my eye!

Waitaminute... your REAL job is even more out there than drum corps?!?!?! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Waitaminute... your REAL job is even more out there than drum corps?!?!?! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Yep...I get paid to teach people how to hit each other with a metal stick....sell them the gear to do so safely...and repair said gear when it breaks!

Beats the *#%^*$)$)*%$@ out of being a legal secretary in a family law firm -- 8 years of HELL, that was!

For sale: Official judging sheets from finals. Perfect for fish wrap and lining bird cages.

Bridgemen actually did something like that in 1982 in Montreal. They were selling photocopies of the Percussion Execution judge's sheet from a show that year (forget which show) that they got a near perfect 19.9 (a single tic the entire show).

For sale: Official judging sheets from finals. Perfect for fish wrap and lining bird cages.

But then again, I seem to recall some now famous composers' whose music sheets were used for exactly these purposes.

But then again, I seem to recall some now famous composers' whose music sheets were used for exactly these purposes.

If they were lucky. At least wrapping fish and lining bird cages has some degree of useful meaning. Many scores from past masters were found only when European house were in the midst of being torn down...and the scores discovered to be lining kitchen cabinetry.