Corps on the Move in 2016 - Who to Watch?

Of all of the lower tier corps mentioned in this list. There are 2 elements to this discussion.

1. Whom ever retains the most members and improves overall talent will move up.

2. Which design team provides a better design.

I like OC's chances of moving up a little more. They were better than the prior year show design and performance. And most of their design staff was new to OC last year and they had issues with color guard staff as well into early June. If the design team stays together and become better aligned, this will help OC. But, they need to improve their talent level and for peat sake, no holes in the horn line. That is just not going to help at all. A solid year of guard recruiting will help a ton.

If those things happen, I can see OC moving up a place or 2. Certainly not top 12 yet.

Willie V you shall be missed...

Now back to our regular programming

Bluecoats will dominate in 2016!

I won't be surprised to see him conducting some corps in DCA in the future. His style was reminiscent of many past great DMs of that circuit.

I'm going give a bold statement here. I think there are going to be 13 corps performing in finals in 2016. I will not be surprised if there is a tie for 12th. Its been close the last two years and i just think they're due for a tie. I also think Boston is going to give us a higher scoring show and will jump a couple of spots. I may be a little biased but i'm calling a crown championship.

The Crossmen.

They got off to a strong start this year and this was the third time in four years they have made finals. They actually were in 12th in only two captions in finals this year and were closer to 11th place than the previous two times.

The competition was close all year.

People outside the organization haven't noticed, but they have been retaining more members year to year. They had 28 age-outs on the field.

I think it the design staff sticks around, it's not hard to spot the areas they have to improve. If the Music caption can catch up to visual caption, they can easily move up.

A lot of younger staff in important roles, that could be good moving forward.

Blue Knights are going to grab 5th or maybe even 4th. They'll be trading back and forth with someone, probably SCV, maybe even Cadets or a weakened Crown, but will pull it out on Finals night. They'll then look to make a top-3 appearance by 2018.

I'd also like to see Madison make a move. It was good to see them in 8th this year, and the last time they made 8th they followed it up with a 6th place (almost 5th place ahead of Bluecoats) finish!

Blue Knights are going to grab 5th or maybe even 4th. They'll be trading back and forth with someone, probably SCV, maybe even Cadets or a weakened Crown, but will pull it out on Finals night. They'll then look to make a top-3 appearance by 2018.

I'd also like to see Madison make a move. It was good to see them in 8th this year, and the last time they made 8th they followed it up with a 6th place (almost 5th place ahead of Bluecoats) finish!

Next year is the big one for BK. Some corps will get to around 6th or so and then fizzle back out, we shall see. What I think separate BK from those corps is they just seemed to have a distinct maturity to them this past season and have really found their identity.

• Like 1

Next year is the big one for BK. Some corps will get to around 6th or so and then fizzle back out, we shall see. What I think separate BK from those corps is they just seemed to have a distinct maturity to them this past season and have really found their identity.

Crossmen have done precisely that acoupla times.

• Like 1

I'm going give a bold statement here. I think there are going to be 13 corps performing in finals in 2016. I will not be surprised if there is a tie for 12th. Its been close the last two years and i just think they're due for a tie. I also think Boston is going to give us a higher scoring show and will jump a couple of spots. I may be a little biased but i'm calling a crown championship.

i boldly disagree about the Crown part