Phantom Regiment 2016

I would say the 'experiment' of not releasing full re-caps has been an unmitigated failure. No one has really changed positions (out of the ordinary) and there have been no drastic swings in scoring. Thus, DCI, you have blown it again! Now, RELEASE THE RECAPS!

• Like 2

Does anyone know why David doesn't do his salute (He didn't do it in Atlanta)? He just plopped his helmet down and pulled the baton out.

(Trying to change the conversation)

Apparently they had a couple brass holes. Sick members?

One member got hurt and another was sick and had to go home. They are training two replacements now

I love this show! I don't have to "make sense" of a design or theme that isn't there. The music is wonderful, the visual is wonderful, and they perform the hell out of it! Thank you, Phantom Regiment!

• Like 1

One member got hurt and another was sick and had to go home. They are training two replacements now

Ouch that is a bummer for them. Being sick or hurt in summer is awful. Hope they both recover soon.

• Like 2

To the young poster who is up Dawson's Creek because no one else is answering, I'll try.

Many corps sound great at field level or in a high school stadium. But cubic volume of air space which needs to be filled at places like a Dome, is tremendous. Additionally, I noticed that PR didn't seem to exaggerate their horn angles to the Box (where the judges sit). I sat above the judges and had the same reaction to you regarding volume. However, I was also impressed that the hornline was trying to be technically correct and not over-blow either of the ballads, the first which almost seems more a tone poem than the lyricism of the second. Usually the soloist for I'm Dreaming of Home comes across much louder. The mic and her volume did not pick that up in the 300 section of the stadium.

(Have horn companies ever experimented with flexible lead pipes which could be adjusted to the angle where the performer seeks to put the sound? An interesting prospect. I'll even split the copyright royalties.)

Regarding the salute, which would have been emotional enough given it was his final home show after 5 years with Regiment and DCI, ask him. He rarely does/does not do something without a sound reason.

• Like 1

Why would people leave after a championship year? One thing that's kept BD going is that they have made little to no staff changes as far as I know.

Like Michael Gains (why did he leave, again?). The Cavies were on top of the world with arguable the best drill designer in the business. Then, once he left, the Cavies went downhill a bit.

Jamey wrote a show or two for PR even after 09

Jamey wrote a show or two for PR even after 09

Yeah pretty sure 2010 was Jamey. Hard stuff.