Phantom Regiment 2016

Since 1986, Phantom has scored under 90 twice:

2009 (The Red Violin) and 2016 (Voice of Promise).

FACT: The farther a corps strays from its roots the greater the challenges, especially when it starts trying to revert back.

Since 1986, Phantom has scored under 90 twice:

2009 (The Red Violin) and 2016 (Voice of Promise).

I used to travel a lot as part of a prior job. As a morning person, I always had the TV on in the early morning as part of these business trips.

It was common to watch/hear episodes of Chips, Save by the Bell and Miss Cleo (God Rest her Soul) during this period.

I think listening to Miss Cleo helped me with my psychic abilities. I am often able to forecast events before they happen.

I think your post is evidence of these enhanced abilities.

I think War Eagle, PHD and a few others are going to chime in on your comment. They will post along the same sentiments......

I just don't know where my heightened abilities come from. It is quite unusual...... :tounge2:

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

I used to travel a lot as part of a prior job. As a morning person, I always had the TV on in the early morning as part of these business trips.

It was common to watch/hear episodes of Chips, Save by the Bell and Miss Cleo (God Rest her Soul) during this period.

I think listening to Miss Cleo helped me with my psychic abilities. I am often able to forecast events before they happen.

I think your post is evidence of these enhanced abilities.

I think War Eagle, PHD and a few others are going to chime in on your comment. They will post along the same sentiments......

I just don't know where my heightened abilities come from. It is quite unusual...... :tounge2:

OMG too funny! Thanks for putting things into perspective!. The members did a fabulous job last night, they performed brilliantly! Does the design need to be updated? Yes! Did the marching members have a great experience? I sincerely hope so. Will they be back next year? My guess is yes. These young men and women were not chasing a ring..... they believe in what this organization has to offer them, just as I do. You know that journey I keep referring to? It takes a few years to become reality. Lord knows we experienced it in the 70s, the 80's the 90s and the 2000s. I see 2016 Regiment as the start of a new journey, a rebirth if you will. Be patient, hard as that can be, and you will see this corps challenge for the top spot once again. Speaking of, congrats to the 2016 Bluecoats, an amazing group of performers that deserved the title of 2016 DCI champions!

To all the participants of this year's drum corps season, may you take the lessons learned this season and apply them to your studies or your work, or what ever brings meaning to your life. You will be rewarded in many, many ways! Thanks for a job well done.

• Like 3

I hated for things to end the way they did, but for the nay-sayers, they took 3rd in 2012 and first in 2008. They had shows in 2010, 2007, 2006 and 2003 that I've heard people referring to all season. Was I disappointed? Yes. Absolutely. Am I concerned? Definitely. Are they down for the count? I highly doubt it. Forum thinking has a tendency to be short sighted, both forward and backward.

All that said, it's time for higher expectations in visual. I'm ready for the visual staff to give us something to get excited about again.

Talk to y'all next year. Have a great off season.

• Like 2

It would appear from the season recap video that the ageouts numbered 30 or so.

It's a really great video. I almost teared up towards the end, and I haven't even marched this corps.

Edited by Cappybara

how did they get morgan freeman to do the voice over?

It's not Morgan Freeman (his voice is deeper than that), but I KNOW I've heard that voice somewhere. I just don't know who it is.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown