MADISON SCOUTS 2016

Boy do I agree with this! When heads are bobbing left and right with no connection whatsoever to the music, it just looks ridiculous. It's like - oh look, see how I can play while rocking my head from 90 degrees to the left to 90 degrees to the right. Now I will put my feet together and squat at the knees. All while playing a lush ballad.

don't forget the pelvic thrust body movement so prevalent in Corps now too. ( what the H is that all about ?..., when sometimes the music is a solemn ballad being played, or along these lines,, and such a body maneuver seems out of place with what the music mood requires. Oh well.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I agree. The body movements are ridiculous. It's over the top. I'm losing interest.

Completely ridiculous.

While some of you Madison alums were on here arguing and pontificating about where your precious marching band should be placing, I was getting laid. ;)

Who says you have to do one or the other? Maybe some of us are good multi-taskers! :p

Completely ridiculous.

I find that some aren't bad. But crown recycles what i like to call the "squat dump" throughout their show. kinda reminds me of my dog.

Glad I found something we could all agree on. :-P

I must admit, I do agree.

I think many of the body moves look bad since they lack training and doing these movements in military type attire makes them look even more ridiculous.

I think many of the body moves look bad since they lack training and doing these movements in military type attire makes them look even more ridiculous.

I don't know if it's so much, but definitely the training. Even the corps with top-end dance instructors aren't going to teach a large group of people with minimal dance experience to achieve elite results, from a true dance perspective.

Oh, go 2016 Madison Scouts!

I don't know if it's so much, but definitely the training. Even the corps with top-end dance instructors aren't going to teach a large group of people with minimal dance experience to achieve elite results, from a true dance perspective.

Oh, go 2016 Madison Scouts!

And should they even be tying? This isn't Dance Corps International.

• Like 1

And should they even be tying? This isn't Dance Corps International.

I think some movement/visual is fine, but it's pretty excessive in many corps.