Official 2016 Staff Changes

HMMMM Adam is great in an eccentric , crazy sort of way. also there are many good people added every year to the Pegasus program IF some are going to SOA but kevin himself is no designer. He did get lucky with a college backed program. kevin does know though how to insert himself into opportunities for sure.

i do agree Adam will be a very interesting fit for spirit, a good shake up maybe depending on his actual involvement.

I think Spirit many times in the past looked at successful winter programs ,hired some of those people and it clearly didnt work in the past BUT someone like Adam possibly could bring it to a new and fresh level, at least for a while.

Yes I do agree Kevin does know how to market himself and organization, but kevin does design for his HS teams. I know he doesn't design for Pegasus but he is smart in bringing in the right people to grow his organizations. Knowing Kevin for almost 20yrs and knowing mostly all of the Pegasus staff those that he is bringing on board have a very strong background not only in winterguard but also Drum Corps. I am confident in him and his staff in bringing something new to the Spirit guard

HMMMM Adam is great in an eccentric , crazy sort of way. also there are many good people added every year to the Pegasus program IF some are going to SOA but kevin himself is no designer. He did get lucky with a college backed program. kevin does know though how to insert himself into opportunities for sure.

i do agree Adam will be a very interesting fit for spirit, a good shake up maybe depending on his actual involvement.

I think Spirit many times in the past looked at successful winter programs ,hired some of those people and it clearly didnt work in the past BUT someone like Adam possibly could bring it to a new and fresh level, at least for a while.

Yes I do agree Kevin does know how to market himself and organization, but kevin does design for his HS teams. I know he doesn't design for Pegasus but he is smart in bringing in the right people to grow his organizations. Knowing Kevin for almost 20yrs and knowing mostly all of the Pegasus staff those that he is bringing on board have a very strong background not only in winterguard but also Drum Corps. I am confident in him and his staff in bringing something new to the Spirit guard

Yes marketing himslef is what hes done for himself for sure...lol...i also know him 20 plus years and self promotion is something he's always done....lol. Lentz coming in shot that program in a big way. Now with others joining on that staff and the school backing it does very well.

personally i believe SOA needs very aggressive strong leadership committed to THEM, they deserve this.

If Adam keeps a tight reign on things as well as his flare it could work. The rest I guess time will tell. Alot of the stability and the success of the Pegasus program has to do with stability of the school and band program and of course money.

Kevin certainly wanted all that many years and went in at the right time for sure. Successful winter people ( meaning the big names on a staff ) doesnt always work for summer. You cant get bigger than some names in the past few years who failed big time with top 12 corps. They sometimes learn though , the hard way. Sometimes programs succeed because of certain staff sometimes succeed in spite of them. time always tells though.

Bottom line I just want to see SOA get a real break with the right people, anything less is just talk.

All the Best Spirit.

PM me if you want to chat more guard stuff.....lol

Edited by GUARDLING

If the color guard did not cost them the championship please inform me on what did?

The middle of CADETS show was just terrible.

Edited by 777hornman

I find it pretty interesting to see how nearly every "shake up" amounts to moving the same old pieces to different spots on the playing board. A few pieces may get pushed off the board for a season but then they're BACK the in the next round of "shake ups" : ninja:

It would be interesting to see someone toss all the old pieces back in the box and open a brand new box :-)

• Like 1

If the color guard did not cost them the championship please inform me on what did?

I know it's difficult to believe but maybe there were other corps who were better this season.

The phrase "cost them a championship" implies that the show would have won BUT for some single flaw. IMO that was hardly the case.

Sure the guard had some challenges this season, but there were always some questions about the design of the program. Tossing a whole series of otherwise un-related "tens" in a salad bowl may not have been the best plan :ninja:

I know it's difficult to believe but maybe there were other corps who were better this season.

The phrase "cost them a championship" implies that the show would have won BUT for some single flaw. IMO that was hardly the case.

Sure the guard had some challenges this season, but there were always some questions about the design of the program. Tossing a whole series of otherwise un-related "tens" in a salad bowl may not have been the best plan :ninja:

...That is agreeable haha

I also thought the whole changing the uniform thing hurt the program as well. I understood why, and I think it was a pretty bold idea, but I don't think it enhanced the show. Not to say I didn't like the new uniform, I just didn't think it carried well in performance, at least from where I sat during the performances I saw.

• Like 2

So, THIS WAS supposed to be about THE FUTURE?